Since my brother NEVER posts on his blog anymore I figured that I would do a post in lieu of him! :)
So I bought my new computer and I refuse to pay any extra money for "stuff" to put on my computer like virus protection, third party email program (like Outlook), etc... So who do I go to? My brother - my personal geek squad! So he told me never to pay for those types of programs because there are other computer geeks out there that make programs that are as good or better than the ones you can buy and they offer them for free. So I just want to link anyone up that might want to know! I am no computer geek myself, but these are the programs that I have found work for me!
Mozilla - Thunderbird - third party inbox email software. This was super easy to download and start! My review - I love it more than Outlook Express or Outlook. One downside that my brother pointed out -
Comodo Firewall Protection & Comodo Anti-Virus Protection - only thing on this one is that my friend Beth told me the anti-virus doesn't work great with Vista. Good free programs though!
Neat Image - a plug-in for Photoshop to fix photos. Great to run on all photos, but I really use it mainly for my noisy ones! The free version was sufficient for me!
I think so far that is all I added to my computer. I hate to put junk on there, but these are great programs in my eye!
Couple more LO's I'm working on and tomorrow night I am going to a scrap night with Nina so I should get a ton done there too! Will have to show them off on the weekend!
So I bought my new computer and I refuse to pay any extra money for "stuff" to put on my computer like virus protection, third party email program (like Outlook), etc... So who do I go to? My brother - my personal geek squad! So he told me never to pay for those types of programs because there are other computer geeks out there that make programs that are as good or better than the ones you can buy and they offer them for free. So I just want to link anyone up that might want to know! I am no computer geek myself, but these are the programs that I have found work for me!
Mozilla - Thunderbird - third party inbox email software. This was super easy to download and start! My review - I love it more than Outlook Express or Outlook. One downside that my brother pointed out -
Comodo Firewall Protection & Comodo Anti-Virus Protection - only thing on this one is that my friend Beth told me the anti-virus doesn't work great with Vista. Good free programs though!
Neat Image - a plug-in for Photoshop to fix photos. Great to run on all photos, but I really use it mainly for my noisy ones! The free version was sufficient for me!
I think so far that is all I added to my computer. I hate to put junk on there, but these are great programs in my eye!
Couple more LO's I'm working on and tomorrow night I am going to a scrap night with Nina so I should get a ton done there too! Will have to show them off on the weekend!



2 comments:
Thanks for the great info!
Isn't he great!! Now your computer is just like ours.lol
Yay, I'll see ya tonight!
Post a Comment