5.15.2008

Aaaahhh....

:::WARNING::: This is again being used really more as a personal journal for me to look back on details to remember - may be boring to some people!!!


8:00AM. That is the time I got to sleep in today!!! I have not slept in for that long in quite some time. At least not without Braelyn coming to ask me if she can get herself cereal, or Selah coming and twirling my hair. Don't get me wrong - I love those moments at times, but to truly SLEEP until that time is sweet! Anyway - I went directly out to sit out on the porch and watch the waves. Need I say more??? Bliss - true bliss. We all had our breakfast and by 10:00 we were on the beach sunning! I of course kept feeling like I was getting nothing, and of course tonight I am FRIED. Nothing a little aloe can't heal though - thanks Mindy! :) Before heading in for lunch we took a nice long walk to the pier (about 2.5 miles there and back). Little pasta salad and chips for lunch and we were right back outside to play some shuffleboard!!! Yeah - when in q-tip city do as the q-tips do!!! Beth and Julie won 2 of the 3 games so they are reigning champions - until tomorrow - LOL! We worked up a sweat so we decided to take a swim in the ocean! It was so fun, but salty and sea-weedy - yuck. I did manage to tackle Beth and with the help of the other girls we managed to get her under, which I guess doesn't happen all that often!!! Showers were definitely needed by this point so we headed in to shower and we got dolled up and hit the town. We did dinner at Red Lobster and then hit Bealls Outlet and I picked up two swimsuits for $30!!! What a steal!!! Next it was back onto the island for ice cream and a little souvenir shopping (which I didn't find anything - any suggestions?). Now we have just been sitting in the living room gabbing and scrapping. What a perfect day, huh???!!! It's so fun to just have a girl week and to gab about girl things and mom things! We are all so different and yet so much alike in many things! Love you girls!!! (OK - they are going to read this right after I post so I am a little bit sucking up!!!) (Just Kidding ;))


I do miss Hubby and the girls a lot! Sounds like they are all having fun and keeping busy! Grandma and Grandpa Huizenga have been helping out a ton b/c Kyle is running the garage sale all by himself - so thank you MaryJo!!!



Here is a LO I just posted for the Lilypad blog challenge (a little late I am!)



And here is a LO I just finished up using the Shabby Princess kit I bought and am just getting around to using!



That's all tonight - thanks for tuning in, and thanks for all the well wishes for our trip gals - so fun!!!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

We went scouting out some things last night in your neighborhood and Kyle had just made a HAUL with one couple- they bought every big thing you had for sale! He was in rare form and being extremely funny/silly! Hope you have another enjoyable sunny day!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week there - it shouldn't be too difficult. :)