6.02.2008

Changes

So we've had kind of a busy start to the week! Fun stuff going on here! Sat. we had 2 showings at our house, one of them being a second time thru. Kyle was here when they went thru the house b/c we don't have a realtor nor do they. They had told Kyle that we would have an offer by 3:00 Sunday and told him the amount. We pondered and talked all Sat. night! Sunday morning we did the church thing and lunch at my Moms, and by time we checked out email at my mom's we had the offer! So today my mind was just a whirling around. We had a million things to call on today. I am so fortunate that I have a little bit of flexibilty at work on stuff like that. So long story short, tonight we met with the couple that offered on the house and we signed the counteroffer and purchase agreement. Huge answer to prayers people - this has been a journey for us! We've learned a lot about ourselves and a lot about God thru this - His timing is PERFECT! So now we are frantically getting our next house plan ready and we will probably start packing boxes this week! We will be out of this house by June 27!!! 5 people and 5 years worth of stuff to put in boxes, yikes! Any moving tips from all you crazy mom's who move a lot - fill me in!!! (ahem, Amy Martin, Janet Phillips!) :)

Thank you all for your prayers for Kyle's Grandpa. He is such a gem, and so many people have so much respect for him, and I know many of you who live around here truly love him. I just spoke with MaryJo and she said that he went in for the biopsy around 6:30 and was out by 7:30 and the results will not be back until end of week. Grandpa is in a lot of pain MaryJo said and we would love extra prayers for comfort for him tonight and tomorrow and we pray that all the medication that he is on for pain does not upset his stomach. We are praying that the biopsy shows a benign tumer, however the reality is that it is probably melignant. If it is melignant we are hopeful that it is a tumer in the bile duct area and not in the pancreas. From what the Dr.'s expained if it is in the bile duct area that is a slow growing cancer and would be a better prognosis. So again, thank you all for your prayers and concern thus far and I will keep everyone posted! I hope I am getting the right information on here - if I am not MaryJo - please call and let me know what I should change! This medical stuff is so confusing at times.



I wish I had more time to scrap lately - I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with goodies I want to use and pictures I want to scrap, and I am just not getting the time to do it. I guess summer is like that, huh?! I have a couple pages to show you though!

I did this LO for my AAM page for Shabby Miss Jenn's creative team and I LOVE how it turned out. The picture of me is when I was in Florida with my girlfriends, and the journaling is just 28 random things about me at 28!


My little Gracyn. What can I say about this stinker. This smile is just so her! Her little tongue sticking out and all! This LO is done using the new Collab kit that Shabby Miss Jenn and Gina Miller put together called Frame This. SMJ has some other great new stuff available at her store too!!!






And finally this LO was done for the Digi Dares challenge this past week - yes - I always miss the deadline - but it was to scrap your favorite part of your day. To me there is just something so amazing about getting to go in and kiss my kids a final goodnight while they are sound asleep. It's amazing that after a long, hard, challenging day with them sometimes I can go in there and I forget any bad fights or qualms. Who can resist a precious sleeping child?! That is something I KNOW I will miss someday. I used one of Janet's new templates (hint hint - go grab that grab bag!!!) I also used the new collab at the Lilypad - A3 - put out by the three Amy's!!! And Amy Hutchinson's damask layered edge is still available it looks like at the pad - so get them while you can!!! I am so excited for this coming Fri. because the June BYOC should be available! I have not seen even one product for it yet - so I am anxiously awaiting! The color swatch lookd GREAT!

Ok - I'm off to get some of these LO's posted and maybe even start a LO!!!

13 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Big COngrat's on selling the house - I am sure you are glad that part is done :D I just love your LO's they are so inspiring :D Thanks~~
Ladybug hugs,
Deb

Bethany said...

Awesome news about the house! Wow...June 27 will be here before you know it! Great layouts...love seeing those!

S Huiz said...

Congrats on your house!!!! Sorry I don't have one for you to rent!

Cassondra Wolters said...

YAY!

I am so excited you guys finally sold the house!! I almost called you last night to see how the showings went on friday.


This weekend was a great time away


anyways.. instead of writting all my thoughts ill just talk to you in the morning :)

Cassondra Wolters said...

oops i mean sat :) lol

TheCatLord said...

congrats on your house manda!
your layouts are fabulous and i will pray for kyle's grandpa.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys...I'm going to miss you being so close, but am so glad that you get to start a new journey!! Let me know if you need anything!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on selling Mandy! Whew! Have fun packing up too! :)

Janet said...

Congrats on selling the house!! I know this has been a huge process for you! And now we can be packing "together"! I wish I had some advice -- I am a "just get rid of it!' kind of gal. We have moved EVERY summer we have been married so I am getting used to "out with the old and in with the new!"

P.s. I'll be in Michigan this summer ;)

Lynette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting and overwhelming I'm sure! that's a quick move!

Jenn said...

Congrats on the house!! Seems like things are busy as ever. Take care!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Nothing like selling and getting out! Congrats on the sale. Where will you stay while you build? That will be a change for your girls.. they will love it. I loved your LOs - the sleeping is the best. I completely understand your thoughts behind it. Doesn't your heart just burst sometimes? Seeing you with all your girls I'm really starting to get so excited for this next one... I can't wait to see her. If you need packing time alone, I know Presley would love to play with your girls. Barbies, etc over here. :)

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Hi,

I hope you don't mind, but I have been enjoying reading your blog from the link at SMJ site. I thought that I would give you Congrats. on your home selling, that is very exciting! I appreciate all you kind comments that you have left on my layouts. I am "ktimmons" my name is Kim. I have a blog as well if you ever wanted to check it out. It is www.thebugsfamily.blogspot.com.
Enjoy your week and packing advice - Pack to T.P. LAST!!!