6.28.2008

Calm after the storm!

We've reached the calm after the storm - we are settled in at my parents. I know I know - there it is normally said the calm before the storm. Well, we are experiencing it afterwards! We have a nice bit of space here - our own kitchen, couple bedrooms, living room, etc... The girls are loving life - grammie has great toys, a huge play set outside, & a barn with kittens. I am having some wierd feelings about never going back to our house, and just feeling weird that other people are living in it - crazy. We had all three girls in that house! Very bittersweet. We lived in it for 4 1/2 years - 2 1/2 longer than we expected! It's plain to see now though that God had His timing for when we would sell and move out - I think it is perfect timing! I am so excited for the new house though! We have footings down, and hopefully Monday and Tues. we have poured walls!


Good bye Home. :(



Hello hole in the ground!



And some sweet pics of Braelyn and Selah that Shawn took on Father's Day.

A rare moment of love between the two!

Selah - you can tell from her face that she is a bit of a stinker - problem being she is such a SWEET stinker - it's hard to stay mad at her for too long b/c she'll whip out a cute little face!

OK - off to enjoy some more family time tonight! Hope you all have a nice rest of your weekend!

MandaKay

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you again!! I miss you already :( but am so excited for your new adventure!! Let me know when you are ready to get digi scrapin again! See you at church!

Amy :)

Lynette said...

Glad you feel calm after moving! Gives me hope! I'm sure it is crazy leaving your house, I'm not looking forward to that feeling!

S Huiz said...

Shawn took some great pictures of the girls- definitely showing their sweet side- the ONLY side I know! :-) I'm sure your new house will go up fast-can't wait to watch the progress.

Cassondra Wolters said...

Hey!

Well you got your first huge project finished.. you moved out of your house and into your mom and dads house :) lol

Hopefully you are surviving and doing okay.. seriously if you and kyle ever want me to take the kids away from you for awhile so you can do house stuff or just get out feel free to let me know! :) Im happy to take those beautiful little girls anytime hahaha :)

So sad to see the house empty and now so crazy to thinks its not yours!

Weird random thought I was thinking about this week... did you ever check the drawers under the lockers to make sure they were empty lol i checked up top! I am sure you checked them but I had thought of that after we left that night :)

Hope you have a great week

-Cassie

Bethany said...

Isn't a calm feeling the best feeling? :) Glad to hear you are settled in at your parents' house! Where are you guys building?

Anonymous said...

OH I'm so glad you can get your new home started. Love those pictures of the girls. :)

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine all that craziness. I'm sure that you are glad that you are done with all that stress. And now to new stresses. LOL :)

Cassondra Wolters said...

I am so ready to see the girls again haha

And your welcome :) It was no problem at all

I will find time to get ahold of you next week and come see the girls if its okay with you :)

What are your plans for the holiday weekend?