7.18.2008

Whining

I have been working on my whining this week. Last week was just a horrible week of me being a whiner. This week I have been trying to just be concious of what I am whining about and when I am whining. I think it has helped a ton just to be concious about it! We are so so blessed as a family, there really is no reason to whine. I decided to make just a short list of my blessings this morning.



*I am 100% saved by the Grace of God! Not only that he loves me and watches over me!

*I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and 3 healthy girls!

*Iam better off than the majority of the world. God has given us more than I even deserve. There are so many people in so many countries that do not have the blessings that I have.

*I have a roof over my head (albeit not my own - LOL), plenty food to eat, and clean water to drink.

*I have a reliable van that gets me where I need to go. It's so easy to take our transportation for granted and complain about gas prices. Yeah - gas prices suck, but I CHOOSE to drive a vehicle!


That is just a quick short list - obviously I can count so many more blessings! Sometimes just doing this - getting it down in writing - helps remind me of what I sometimes don't think of. God is Good - All the Time - All the Time - God is Good. I find it so easy to praise God when times are good too, and almost impossible to praise Him when times are tough. I need to remember when the going gets tough, the tough PRAY!




Weird how that just came out - LOL! Anyway - life is good - things are coming along. The framers start framing the house on Monday - I am so excited for that! This week has been pretty un-eventful over there. The girls seem to be in a good routine here at my mom's which is nice! Kyle's shingles are clearing up (wait - did I even mention on here that he got shingles - yeah - stress!) I get to go out with the girls tonight - a nice dinner and maybe walk the mall or see a movie and then scrap - at McD's - LOL! They have free wi-fi and they are open until 12:00! And they have any size pop right now for $1! Love me a good McD's fountain pop!


Today is pretty laid back - I have 2 pool invites so once Gracyn wakes up I need to figure out what to do. The hard part is is that the girls all nap again by 2:00 so our window is pretty narrow of time to do stuff in! I hope it's not raining tomorrow morning b/c I'd love to hit the Farmer's Market!



Here are a few LO's - credits are in my galleries - along the side bar!
My nephew Owen and my mom - it was great to post a "boy" LO! I am sure Tam won't mind having another LO in her book either! ;)

Braelyn playing at the park - she has been into the monkey bars this year (with our help of course!)

I wish you all a great weekend!

MandaKay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love the flowers/weeds LO. It is so right on the money. :) Glad things are moving forward with your house. Finally no rain! That has to help. Can't believe Gracyn is 9mos already.

Bethany said...

Great attitude, Amanda! It's good to count/remember our blessings once in awhile...easy to get away from it! Have a great weekend!