7.05.2008

Whew...settle in for a long one!!!

So it seems like I am just now getting a second to breathe. Not sure where to even start to talk about what we have been doing! I am sure my post will be all over the place since my head is still spinning itself! We are settled in at my parents - it is going pretty good. The girls are still not sleeping great and I am costantly worried that they are going to annoy my parent's, but I reeally think it's going fine and it seems to get better every day as they adjust to this new living. The new house has only footings so far. The DANG rain has pushed us back on getting poured walls, which is really disappointing. They are scheduled again for Mon., which again - looks like rain. If you can't tell, rain & I do NOT get along lately. It sure can ruin a lot of things.
We've really had a fun week. Lots of family time! Monday night (I think it was Mon. - maybe it was Tue. - I can't evn remember) we got invited to Kyle's parents condo on a little lake. It was a gorgeous night and we enjoyed some lake time and good food and fellowship! Thur. night we had a huge party here at my parents. My hubby and my brother-in-law put on a GREAT fireworks display - I would say as good if not better than professional. Best thing is we didn't even have cops show up! :) Gracyn slept right thru them, Selah was slightly frightened by them, and Braelyn loved them! It was a great night! Yesterday - 4th of July - we went to breakfast with my folks and then washed the car, cleaned our living space, laundry, etc... Then we headed back to Kyle's parents for some more lake time! We stayed there until about 6:00 and then headed home after picking up a movie. We got the kids to bed by about 7:30 pm which was awesome! We figured we didn't need to do the fireworks in Holland because we had such great ones yesterday and we are having more tonight! It was great to have kids in bed on time (they were so tired out from all the activities), and for Kyle and I to just sit and enjoy a movie night. We watched Bucket List. It was a great movie - very thought inspiring. What would be on your bucket list??? A bucket list is a list of things to do before you kick the bucket. I really would love to write a list of things I might want to do before I die - I just hope it's a long time before I even need to think about it. Anyway - great movie - great actors!


So that is a sum up of what we have been up to. I have quite a few LO's to share. Lots of new kits out and I have been getting some fun pictures too!


This first LO is done using the new July BYOC at the Lilypad! What a phenomenal set of goodies. I know I will be using many more of these goodies in the next few weeks!


This LO is one I did using the kit I bought called Celebration of life (the one I spotlighted two weeks ago to benefit Laurie Garza)


Here is another LO - actually a quickpage freebie by Gina Miller while she was spotlighted at the Shutterfly Blog a few weeks ago. This is a cute quickpage I think!


And these next three LO's are all using Shabby Miss Jenn Designs' newest kits! She has a new kit called Nature Guide, a new one called Little Kahuna's, and a new one called Summer Posies. These three kits are phenomenal!!!


Swimming lessons are done for Braelyn - she loved them. This was the first summer I have actually experienced the busyness of "activities" for the kids. Braelyn did gymnastics, VBS, and then swimming lessons. I am looking forward to July being a bit more laid back!!!

Tonight we have another fun party with friends and kids! The kids will all play great I think and it is supposed to be nice out. I am looking forward to the food though to be honest!!! We are going to grill out and then each take our own dish to pass. I am taking steaks to grill (because we have had enough burger/hotdogs lately), and then my dish to pass is snicker salad. YUMMM. I take apples and snickers cut up, mix cool whip and some 5 minute made pudding and fold the two together and then mix everything together and let chill! I think we are also going to have yummy party potatoes, veggie pizza, and something else that I can't remember! Just a bunch of good food! Can you tell I love food???!!! It's one of my favorite things about fellowship - there is normally food!!!

I hope you are all having a great 4th of July weekend. I love our country and I love that we have a weekend to celebrate our freedom and our country!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope that rain holds off for your walls tomorrow- hate it when house plans get set back!!!!!

The kids and Ryan had a blast Thursday night- thanks for the invite!

Great layouts- love the wagon one of Gracyn and Selah- all my nieces sure are adorable!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute pages Mandy! Rain rain go away too!!!!! Hope the girls start sleeping all night soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Just saw Kyle at lunch and he was quite bummed about the rain again today. I'm sure that you will eventually get that house built. ;) I love the new layouts - I think the one of Gracyn is my favorite. Enjoy your day at work today!