8.27.2008

No Title

Pretty creative, ain't I? Not much going on today here. It's a Wed. so my mom watches my sister's girls, who are the same age as my girls so it's chaos, but fun. I took the older two to the Farmer's Market for some yellow bean. We had deliscious sweet corn last night. Not looking forward to summer coming to a close, b/c I LOVE fresh veggies like that! Now I am just catching up on some computer time - I feel like I have not been getting enough of that lately - just too busy. Last night we met with our decorator. It went really good - I think we have our color schemes picked out and we narrowed down a few other things too! I found out that I don't have "a Style". I mean really, I should have known that, but it's kind of funny to me. I like so many different styles. Shabby chic, contemporary, modern, traditional, beachy, etc... I guess my style is just eclectic! Might drive my decorator nuts though! Sarah had asked who we are using - her name is Bridget Schopp - very fun gal and I think she will tie my house all together - even if I am a bit eclectic! Anyway - it is fun to start thinging about the house coming together with all that kind of stuff! The main thing we need to figure out is what we are going to do with our couch and two chairs. If we keep our couch then we are going to have our wing back chairs recovered. If we don't keep our couch we are going to have to start figuring our what we are going to do. I am leaning towards keeping our couch yet for this house - might not be the greatest fit for the house, but with little kiddos yet, why buy a new one - KWIM?! Anyway - that is house stuff! Here is a couple updated pics!













All of the drywall is actually hung now, just have to finish it! Trim guys start next week sometime I think!






Am I boring you all to death with the house stuff yet - just holler if I am! :) Probably pretty boring to most people. Oh well - it documents it for me and that's cool!






Check this out - you better stop by The-Lilypad this weekend!!! You will not be disappointed! And there may be some giveaways so keep your eyes peeled!






So, what are everyone's plans for the Labor Day weekend??? Looks like we should have perfect weather! We have no real plans. We do get to go out with friends on Fri night, which will be great! Sat. will be Kyle working on the house and possibly working for work, and then Mon. Kyle will have to work too I think. His company needs to finish up building the school before school starts on Tue. so they are calling everyone in! Should be a fun weekend for me! ;)


Adios chicas!!!


P.S. - I ended up picking up just a fun crib skirt and a changing table pad for Gracyn's room - figured I don't need a whole nursery set! I also FINALLY picked out my bedding set - ugh - I hate decisions like these - it was tough for me and I feel like there is just not great stuff out there! (can't find Gracyn's, but here is ours!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your neutral exterior colors of your house! It's so cool when a house doesn't have some real trendy colors that will date it so quickly! It looks so good. I love reading about building projects--keep it up! I kinda feel like I'm watching a building/decorating show on TLC!

Lynette said...

Love that bedding set... I totally understan loving lots of different styles, we finally decided on one, but I could have done every room different if it would have worked!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly! LOVE that house! I love the arches!! Love the bedding!!!!! Hmm..I need to ship all my shabby chic furniture your way!

Anonymous said...

That's gonna be a one beautiful house. Love the bedding set too!

You've been tagged! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the bedding. Have you checked LillianVernon or CompanyStore for children's bedding. They usually have cool stuff for girls. Your house looks great. Not boring at all. If you're bored being home by yourself with the girls let me know..I'll meet ya at Helder Park with Presley. TTFN

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your house looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished!

I know what you mean about your husband working all the time lately! Bryan is doing that school too, and putting in crazy hours! Hey at least they have a job to go too!:)

S Huiz said...

Love the house color, love the bedding you chose for yourself, and love the Farmer's Market as well! We'll be swimming a ton this weekend if you and the girls want to come over with or without Kyle if he happens to be working. We don't have a ton going on either- might as well enjoy the nice weather one last weekend before the pool closes. Give me a call.