8.17.2008

VACATION

We are here in North Carolina safe and sound! The 12 hr drive turned into about 21 - which was HORRIBLE. The first part of it went fairly decent - we left at 6:00 pm and drove until about 9:00 when we stopped for a Mc D's flurry/shake stop and put PJ's on the girls. We drove until about 2:00am, and then stopped to try to "sleep" at a rest area. After not really sleeping at the rest area we pulled back on the road at 5:00am. I think we'll skip that stop on the way home. The kids were wide awake for the first hour of that at least, and we didn't get much sleep either. The girls did alright considering the circumstances, but it just sucked. They have never really done a big road trip like that before and have never slept in the car before for something like this. Braelyn just kept tossing and turning in her seat and saying she couldn't sleep. Selah kept complaining that her bum hurt, probably from sitting in one place for too long. So yeah - a lot of complaining was heard in the car and we finally arrived at the ocean house at 3:15pm! It is a beautiful house and we are all settled in nice! The girls are just in heaven here with a pool in their back yard and the beach across the way! Kyle saw a guy catching fish (a 4' shark, stingray, and a Spanish mackerel) so he is excited to fish tomorrow. He took the girls for a long exploring walk this morning while Jen and I took a nice long walk/exercise. We then even had time to do a couple laps in the pool to cool off with no kids! That was so nice for me! We hung at the beach for a bit early this afternoon and then came back to swim in the pool while Gracyn napped. The older two took a little "rest" while 4 of us adults went back to the store for some things we forgot. (mainly stuff to make an apricot brandy slush)!!! So good times are being had by all and now that we are all back on our game sleep wise I think we'll enjoy our whole week! I took a few pictures today, but haven't uploaded them to my computer yet - maybe another day! I did get three LO's pretty much finished up so far - started them on the way down here in the car! Can't show those yet either - some new stuff coming!!!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

This is an accurate account of your day so far- I can vouch for you. LOL! I am on the other side of the wall!!!! Haha Having fun! I'll have to walk with you gals tomorrow.

TheCatLord said...

so glad you made it there safe and sound

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacay!!!! Hope it's nice and relaxing!!

Anonymous said...

I hate long trips in the car... SI is always that way, but you have 3 to entertain! :)
I hope you guys can relax on your vacation as a family. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Things are moving fast on your house - how exciting. Post some pics.
I can't believe how much older Braelynn looks in that LO post. Where has the little girl gone!? She is so pretty with all that blonde hair. :)