Did you all have a great christmas? We had a splendid christmas here. This year was VERY much focused on family time and the Real Reason for the Season - Jesus Christ! There are very few new toys taking up space on my living room floor - which is kind of nice! The girls loved the gifts that they got - which is always a bonus! Braelyn got a pink Sansa Fuze (and let's be honest - I am sure I will be using it as much as her!), Selah got a Hannah Montana music player thing, and Gracyn got a tub toy. The Sansa Fuze is a great thing for kids - quite a bit cheaper than the Ipod's (depending on which one you get), and it has FM radio which is kind of nice! We are VERY happy with it so far! We also got all three girls an art easel and they have been loving it! Braelyn has been REALLY into drawing and coloring and art, so I knew she would love it, but the other two girls have been just as into it!
Christmas Eve was the party at my parents - didn't take my camera, so I am hoping I will get pics from my sisters that did! We had a great night hanging out - it was very low key. Christmas morning we opened presents with the girls (Kyle and I did not exchange gifts - I think we are calling our table our Christmas gift!), and then they opened their stocking from Santa. Santa got the girls candy, cute furry winter croc type shoes, art supplies for their new easel, and toothbrushes! After opening presents and getting ready we went to Kyle's parents for a great breakfast! It was so good and I was hungry by time we got there! We had some time to come home and relax before bringing the kids to my parents while we went to our traditional Christmas Day movie with Kyle's parents. We've done this for quite a few years. We saw the movie 7 Pounds - which I LOVED. I would recommend it - don't read too much about it or it will ruin it though - I loved that I went into it not knowing much about it! After the movie we picked the girls up and went to a chinese buffet restaurant (which I really only have to do once a year). It was a great Christmas in my books!
Today Kyle took the girls out to run some errands and he also had to work for a couple hours. I got to clean the whole house and take down all my Christmas stuff. I normally wait until January 1 to take down all my Christmas decorations, but I was kind of bored and I wanted the space back in my living room. There is nothing better then putting all that stuff away and vacuuming so good and cleaning things up again! Braelyn just got over a little cold and now Selah has gotten it in full force, so after dinner I hung out with her and Gracyn watching Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer while Kyle and Braelyn headed off to Sam's club! I just got those two girls in bed and am enjoying some quiet time! The best thing is - Kyle is going to bring home a Steak -N- Shake Christmas shake for us to enjoy tonight! I've been working out like mad lately so I feel like I deserve it! :)
I have probably bored you out of your mind by now, so I'll leave you with a few photos and call it a night! I can't believe it's only Fri. night - two more nights of weekend - Wooohoooo!!!!



3 comments:
your christmas sounded wonderful. i would love to get to a simpler christmas. i don't know if it will ever happen since mary is six and she has always been a little spoiled by the grandparents and aunts and uncles. your house is beautiful! i love the light fixture over your kitchen counter and i love the color in your dining room/kitchen. this spring we are going to repaint our kitchen, living room and dining room and that blue you have would look great in our living room. ;) enjoy the rest of this holiday season!
My nieces sure are cuties!!!! Our decorations are down too- nice to have that done. I had heard that 7 Pounds was not a good movie, so glad to hear otherwise- we'll wait of course until it's out on DVD anyway, but I am sure Ryan will want to buy it. :-) Hope everyone is well again at your house????? Happy New Year!!!!
I thought seven pounds was great too. That last scene I had tears streaming down my face. Had to compose myself before leaving the theatre. I hadn't read anything about it before seeing it either and was glad I didn't. I'm not sure why it's gotten such bad reviews. I thought it was definitely worth seeing. :)
Post a Comment