I see alot of you are getting ready for Spring Break - how fun! Can't believe we are almost done with school and church events - it's nearing an end so quickly here! It always seems like from Spring break to end of school year flies! We are obviously sticking around here for spring break - we don't really get effected by spring break much yet since our kids aren't in any real school yet. I am not sure if I will ever really do the whole spring break thing anyway - going to a beach where everybody and their brother are doesn't sound too fun to me! Probably feel that way b/c I have never done a spring break trip in my whole life! I guess if you grow up with that luxury you kind of get used to it! Anyway - things are clipping right along here in our house. Normal usual busy stuff happening - nothing all that exciting really.
I had a GREAT birthday yesterday. I got to sleep in a bit b/c all the girls did! For lunch I got to go out with my mom, tammy, Kyle and me and the kiddos to Red Robin. mmmm... When Kyle got home we were planning on using my birthday coupon at Crazy Horse along with a gift card we had so he showered up and then his mom showed up. This was unexpected and a nice suprise. I must say as well that he had the girls give me a card and some purple peeps (my favorite easter candy and fave color) when he got home. So anyway - he said I should change my shirt to a little more dressy and that we were going out. When I opened his truck to get in I found a single pink rose and a purple rock candy! So thoughtful! Anyway - we went out to the Chop House in G.R. which is a very nice, VERY expensive restaraunt. I stress that only b/c we would NEVER go here again without the gift certificate that we had!!! The dinner was FABULOUS and the setting was so nice, but we just don't spend money on food like that. Anyway - it was a great night and I love Kyle so much for his thoughtfullness. Oh yeah - he then had a little note on a candy at the end of the night saying I get a free backrub - no strings attached! ;) Too sweet. It doesn't get better than 29 - right folks?!
Here is a little family update. Just something for me to look back on for journaling or what not!
:::Kyle:::
Still working his 32 hours. Not much relief in sight from that. Their company has some jobs lined up, but none of them are really moving. Hopefully in another month or two he will be back to full time. As of next week he will be using that day off to save the babysitting money we were spending on the extra day I work and he will stay home with the kids. We should have done that from the beginning I guess. He will love hanging with the girls on that day - they have such a special bond. Kyle's funny attitude always is a blessing to have around.
:::Amanda:::
Just celebrated a birthday. Not the big one yet - that's next year! I am enjoying life right now for the most part. Getting settled into the new job and routine. I am entered into a scrapping contest that will last 6 weeks - one LO each week pertaining to a challenge. I am hoping to just learn and try a few new things and hoping it just stretches me a little knowledge wise. There are some amazing entries already this first week so I don't expect anything more than just what I stated! I am still working out - although not quite as frequently. I try to do it 3-4 times a week as opposed to the 5-6 that I was doing in January and Feb. I'll have to ramp it up again before summer time comes!
:::Braelyn:::
My sweet Braelyn - oh how she is growing. Sometimes the girl just amazes me! She is in her second half of Preschool and for the most part she loves it. She does say that she doesn't want to go some mornings, but when she is there she loves it and afterwards she is fired up about it. The main reason she doesn't want to go I think is b/c she doesn't want to miss out on whatever Selah, Gracyn and I do during that time. Fri. mornings was normally bible study and Tue. is normally errands or just going back home. Braelyn has been more interested in the computer and we got a PC set up for her in the office now. My brother set up Linux on the computer and it's got great kids programs. She loves to color and paint in Tux Paint and she also loves to play some of the games on pbskids.org. Braelyn has become a pretty easy going good kid. She doesn't give us too many problems other than the occasional sassyness! Braelyn's favorite thing right now is getting backrubs at night - spoiled! :)
:::Selah:::
Selah Reese. My stinker! So full of life, and oh so smart - in a naughty way! The girl has me pegged! Lately she has been crying about everything. She cries when I bring her to Sunday School, she cries when the sitter comes, she cries when I have to bring Braelyn into school and she can't come. The funny thing is - she stops crying they tell me the minute I leave. And I have never once let her get away with not going to Sunday school or anything like that - bascially I have never really given in, so one would think that after a month or two of trying her shenanigans she would give up. This morning she pulled it again and I said "now Selah, you know you are just pulling this on Mom and I know you are fine when I leave right?" and instantly she starts giggling. She went from a fake cry to a giggle in a matter of seconds. Now you know why I call her my stinker! She's had a few potty accidents in the last week that bother me, but I guess at early 3 that can still be expected. If she gets busy playing she just doesn't want to take the time to go to the bathroom to go. Selah also loves back rubs at night. She still sucks her first two fingers and we try to remind her to take them out during the day when she does it. I know with her it is effecting her teeth a bit b/c the dentist asked about it last time. Selah is a typical middle child I would say - always trying to get the spotlight away from her older and younger sister.
:::Gracyn:::
Gracyn is my little Goo. A pretty happy child for the most part. She has increasingly been interested in playing with her sisters. She is starting to want to be little miss independent. The girl loves playing outside when the weather is nice. Gracyn says so much already - it amazes me. She repeats almost everything we say and she sure does ask for what she wants when she wants it! Gracyn LOVES fuzzies. She will pull fuzzies off of our blankets and off of a sweater - whatever is in reach. She rolls it around in her hand that she sucks her thumb of. It's so cute. She also can chew gum for hours. If the girls ask for gum (which really isn't all that often, but enough) then she immediately yells for gum. We give her a little piece and last Sunday she got a piece of gum on the way to church and then on the way home we noticed she was still chewing on it - 2 1/2 hrs. later! I have never known a little 1 year old to do that. My other two girls would swallow it after 3 minutes. She is not a swallower of things we have noticed - she just likes to play with things in her mouth I guess.
See the fuzzy?
:::Gauge:::
What would a post be without our dog Gauge. Gauge has adjusted well to the new home/neighborhood. The girls love to play with Gauge, although they have also been asking for a cat, but I am not too into that yet! What more can I say about our dog - nothing really. Jeff - I do think he misses you asking him "Why the LONG face Gauge"!
Guess that's it folks - that's all I got for ya after a week and a half!



2 comments:
Your girls are so incredibly cute! I love the picture of your Selah in the middle. Doesn't your heart just melt when you see your "birthday mommy" card signed by a child, not to mention the nonwriters signed by daddy in his way. I love that. I love this post!
happy birthday manda! glad you had a great day with your family!
Post a Comment