10.14.2009

Journaling Therapy

:::Disclaimer::: Hear me out – I am just needing some journaling therapy.

I have this mental picture in my head. I’m in an ocean – no land in sight. I’m treading water, but I am getting tired. The only thing above water is my head – from the chin up. It’s getting foggy and dark, there’s even a bit of mist starting to decend upon me, making me grow more and more frantic.

Can I get an AMEN? Do you ever have those days? I’m so thankful that it is just a mental picture and that it is not reality. In reality I am having a bad day. A bad week. A bad month. Aren’t we all there at some point or another? I know I am going thru this to make me stronger. To make me seek out my Creator – God. I also constantly remind myself that no matter how bad I have it, someone has it much worse right now. Some people are starving. Someone is being physically abused. Some one has lost a loved one. Someone has no home, no food, no love. It could be worse, and I pray for those people who are in the valleys.

My day started with a fender bender – my fault. I had taken the morning off to go with Braelyn to her pumpkin patch field trip. We had gotten in the fender bender on the way to her school where we would ride the bus to the patch with her class. I felt like a failure for my daughter. I was instantly flooded with feelings of failure. Not just the failure of the accident, for some reason every failure came to mind. I totally forgot the daddy night at Threeschool this week. I forgot to send Braelyn’s library book back to school on library day, I don’t spend enough quality time with Kyle, I don’t spend enough quality time with the kids, etc… etc…etc… I’m telling you they were FLOODING in. So again – that is when the mental picture of me barely treading water flashed in my mind. Work, school schedules, house, marriage, finances. So much to try to do. Trying to live up to the worlds standard of a mom/wife. Am I alone here – do you all have those days/times/seasons??? There is strength in numbers – just tell me I am not alone! :) So, we missed the bus, but we did make it to the pumpkin patch for most of the trip. I got to stay and have lunch with her and she loved it and she was so sweet and kept telling me I was the best mom – that’s what matters most! She was great and we ended up having a great time! My afternoon at work was totally busy, so that took my mind off of things for a bit! I had a night off from teaching at Wed. night church, which was much needed and Kyle went b/c he had to teach, so he took Braelyn and I just had the younger two. They played great together and I got to do my bible study, which was much needed!

I’m thankful. I’m thankful the accident wasn’t worse. I’m thankful for Braelyn and her attitude. I’m thankful for the Deputy that came. I’m thankful for health, for life, for my family and friends. I couldn’t help but wonder what you are living for if you have no belief in God and heaven. I couldn’t imagine a bad day without some hope. I did know that thru my day I had hope. I a little bit hoped for God to come back right then and there truth be told! If I didn’t know that there was so much more than this life, then I think I’d sink into a deep depression. I love HOPE.

Ok – enough. That was super therapeutic to me. I probably lost everyone who has ever read my blog, but for those of you who made it thru that – WOW. Thanks! I hope I enlightened you a little bit. I enlightened myself at least! ;) Night.

003

007

014

028

040

(taken tonight by Selah. Just wanted to prove to everyone that I am still smiling! Might just have a few extra bags under the eyes from random tears thru the day)

MandaKay

5 comments:

TheCatLord said...

(((HUGS)))
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
i have many days like this. you are right, there IS hope. i wouldn't be able to get through ANY day without hope. and grace! Praise God!!
you are not alone.

Bethany said...

Oh my...you are SO far from alone! Some days (or weeks, months) are tough, but you definitely aren't alone! I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day...and good for you looking for some positives amongst the hard!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but you are not alone! I actually started crying the other night because I'm so overwhelmed with stuff :-) I think we just try to do it all and do it "perfectly" that we struggle when we can't meet our own expectations. Wow, sorry, that probably didn't make any sense!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, that is me! Yes, the failures come pouring into mind when I make a larger mistake. I totally get how you feel about forgetting things like the daddy night--which my husband went to(and we almost forgot too). He said he sat on the hard concrete floor of the library and was sore (if that's any consolation). Your entry is also therapy for me since I struggle with so many of those same feelings. The pumpkin patch pics are too cute and there are no bags under your eyes. You're a totally cute young mom!

Sarah said...

Love, love, love the picture of you and B by the red tractor! You need to frame it! And I will ditto what the other gals have said- we ALL feel that way some days- sometimes for more than a day! You are a fantabulous mom, wife, friend, sister, scrapper, worker, daughter, church leader....and the list continues...see how you could feel bogged down??? Look at all those roles you have to fill! I will give you a BIG AMEN to that post! Love you!