1.07.2010

All things Digi

A few of you that read my blog (and really I am sure there are only a few) have recently gotten into digital scrapbooking, so I thought I'd share a little list of some resources that I use in my process!

Extract Now - extracts a bunch of files at once! It's the bomb. It's free - just scroll down to
the bottom of the site and click download now - pretty easy!


Pioneer Woman's Photo Actions - they are perfect for me. They aren't too harsh usually, some of them just give a little boost, or a little light, or a little coolness or warmness to my pictures. I don't monkey too much with my pictures, but I do usually run a pioneer woman action on them! They are free, but I don't think they work in Photoshop elements - you may need to read up on that.


Kristen Rice's Shadows Perfected Styles - For $3.49 (and watch for AfterFiveDesign sales to get it even cheaper) this shadow style set is well worth it's money! I use these styles on almost every single LO! They are quick and easy and with a click of a style button you have great shadows, and if you want to tweak them a bit you can as well! These are compatible with CS versions and Elements! (here are two links to a few free ones, but I have not used them: by Flergs, and by Megan - and by the comments it looks like these were pretty combatible with most photoshop versions!)


TheDailyDigi - A GREAT all around knowledgable site for all things digi! Wealth of knowledge it will keep you busy for hours if you are just getting into digital scrapping! Some little freebies every once in a while too! They also off what's called The Digi Files - for $5 you get a whole slew of kits by different designers - I bought last months and it did NOT dissapoint - wow! I got a ton of stuff for $5 and got to play with some "new to me" designers stuff!


Scrapping Simply or ScrapbookPictures - Everyone always asks me where I print my LO's. Lately I have been using the first site - Scrapping Simply. They charge only .99 for 8x8 prints. They are full bleed which means there is no white around the edges - and they don't cut off much of your LO either, which is important. I usually try to leave anything of importance, like journaling, or a pic I don't want cut off, away from my edges a bit anyway, but nice to know they don't crop off a bunch to make it full bleed! They have a flat $5 rate for shipping. ScrapbookPictures also does a great job, but they are higher priced MOST of the time. They do run sales , but their 8x8's are regular priced at $1.49. So I have been sticking with Scrapping Simply!


DigiShopTalk (DST) & MyScrapbookArt (MSA): Forums, open galleries, challenges. I like to frequent these sites to find out what's going on in the digi world! Also I post all my LO's to these galleries because they are open galleries, meaning you can post your LO's that are done with any store's stuff!



Stores I love:

The-Lilypad (TLP): I am bias because I am on the creative team, but seriously we have some of the best designers around at TLP!

Shabby Miss Jenn Designs (SMJ): Again, I am bias, because I have been with SMJ with quite some time now, but very shabby chic awesomeness at her store!







There are so many more stores and sites, and tools I am forgetting to mention, but I wanted to just get a little list together of my favorite tools and sites!



And now for a little announcement! Be sure to check in this weekend at The Pad!



See you all here on the blog for the blog hop this weekend!

MandaKay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info and tips Amanda!!! Great idea, I can't wait to check out those sites!