11.18.2011

My take on Yarn Wreaths

Pinterest has definitely become a website I frequent!  I love pinning dinner ideas, craft ideas, dessert ideas, home ideas, etc…!  The fun thing about it is that it inspires me to try things I may have never thought to try, to create things I never thought I’d be able to create, and the best part is…I can gather all of those ideas on one site to reference back quickly!  One of the more recent things I have worked on are yarn wreaths.  So far I have made two of them, and love them both!  SO easy and I can make one for every season if I want!

The first one I made was grey, purple and cream.  I am not one for true Christmas colors like red and green, so this one to me was more my style and just “wintery” instead of Christmasy!

IMG_7710

The second one I made is actually for our church’s Advent Art Show.  Participants are asked to submit art of any form, with the theme “Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men” as the inspiration.  I chose to make a cream wreath with blue and pink felt flowers. 

IMG_7690

My favorite wreath is definitely this second one, and I was a little sad to turn it in for the art show!  The pieces of art will be put on silent auction to benefit the organization Poetice International.  So, if you go to Faith Reformed in Zeeland, or if you just like the wreath or anything else you see here on the blog, feel free to bid in the silent auction at Faith in December!!!

 

Anyway…these wreaths are just fun and easy to make!  I think total cost for me per wreath was about $12-$15.  I have bought the green “flower decorating” foam wreaths at Michaels – $4.99 reg. price,  a skein of yarn for each – roughly $4-$5, the felt squares are about .30 cents per piece (I used 2 and three per wreath), and then the adornment pieces on the second wreath were .69 cents each.  Each one took a total time of about 1 hr.  Something you can sit and do while watching your favorite show!  Go ahead…give them a try!

 

Until Next Time,

MandaKay

No comments: