The weekend before last I had gone to a “ladies night out” event at our church. Basically, everyone took a craft that they wanted to work on and it was a night to get out and work on something you’ve been wanting to get done, or just come and hang out and chat with other women. I , of course, had brought my laptop to do some digital scrapbooking, but also brought my pages that I had printed so that I could sit and put them in order and in the right books. But what I loved about the night was the idea for this next project I completed! Quite a few of the ladies had made these neat weekly organizer frame. When I saw them I knew right away what I could use something like this for! You see, my husband and I make weekly meal plans and hang them on our fridge. It is normally done with our chicken scratch handwriting on a flimsy little piece of paper that get’s hung by a magnet on the fridge. In a nut shell I was so sick of seeing all kinds of papers and things on my fridge, that I loved the idea of one less paper that needed to clutter my fridge door!
So, I started with this frame that I bought at Michael’s – I believe I bought it for $15 on sale, and it came with 8 4x6” photo spots. What I did then is pick out the scrapbooking paper that I wanted to use to coordinate with my home. I also picked out some alphabet stickers to adorn each frame! It was as easy as cutting my papers into 4x6” papers, and cleaning the frame up and sticking on the stickers for each day! Great easy project, and I owe it all to the gals at church! The great thing is, is that if I wanted to change out the papers for certain seasons I could, or if I wanted black and white pictures for the backgrounds I could – so versatile. I plan on writing each days dinner meal on that day, so we know going into the week what we are having. I also have room to put down any special things for that day that might be happening! You just write on it with dry erase marker and it wipes right off. I hung mine with a 3M hook that can easily be removed, and it is hung right on the side of my refrigerator, facing the dining room, and on the way out to the mudroom/garage, so it’s in a great place for me to see it often! I also love that it has 8 spots to fill – one I used for the general weekly info, and then one spot for each day of the week!
I hope this has inspired you to do a fun and simple craft like this that may help to organize your life some how! I know I am so glad I saw the gals working on their frames at ladies night, that inspired me to create mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment