So... wow... it has been awhile! I think I got rid of my last blog sometime back this summer. Early summer - I believe in June! I miss writing and getting my thoughts down on "paper". There have been many a time when I wished that I could write about this or that on a blog. My last blog was thru typepad, and althought they have a great system, it was just not something I wanted to spend money on! Those that know me know that I am frugal - like VERY frugal! I am a fairly simple person when it comes to "stuff". So blogger is the way to go for me b/c it does what I need it to do. I hope to figure out how to get a blog header up there with some new supplies I have gotten lately in the scrapping world! OK - on to the actual post!
Christmas was GREAT! Braelynn and Selah got some great things from their grandparents, and they are enjoying it all! The weekend of New Years Eve, Kyle and I drove over to Chicago to just have a night away from home with the girls! We stayed near the O'Hare airport so that we coudl watch some planes flying over. Kyle is really into finding great spots right outside of the airport where the airplanes fly right over your head. We were successful in that - even though a really nice cop told us we were "not supposed to be there", but he followed that with "but I am leaving right now and will not drive back this way for another half hour or so". So we watched a few more planes fly overhead and went back to our hotel. On Sat. Kyle took Braelynn swimming again and then we checked out of the hotel and heading into Downtown Chicago! We headed to Navy Peir to go to the Children's Museum there and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory. Now you must know that I am not in love with the Cheesecake Factory like some people are - I would have much rather ate at Ed Debevics, but oh well. So we did have a great time in Chicago! On New Years Eve we went to our friends house with kids in tow and hung out there until about 12:30am. Kiddos were sleeping all upstairs so we played a game and ate some great food! I hope you all had as great a holiday as we did!
Movie to see: The Holiday. Total great movie. I guess you would say it is a chick flick, but I will for sure be making my DH watch it with me when it comes out on DVD!
Digitally Speaking: The Lilypad is open!!! WOW is all I have to say. The designers here are so flippin good at what they do - I love their stuff on LO's - so so real looking! I love "real" looking stuff - stuff that I would actually put on a scrapbook page in real life. I do like to venture to the other end sometimes too - like more graphic or "simple", but I do not tend to be real good at that stuff - LOL! So rock on Lilypad - congrats to a new beginning!
HuniBuni is also back in the swing of things. She is putting some new stuff up at her SBB store!
HuniBuni is also back in the swing of things. She is putting some new stuff up at her SBB store!
OK - and I will leave you with some photos of our recent happenings!



5 comments:
yay so glad you are bloggin :) i always loved reading your blog. great chicago pics btw.
what a fun trip!
I need a vacation away!
glad to see you bloggin again!
you're back! i'm so glad! now i don't have to 'wonder' how you're doing!
what a cool weekend you had in chicago, i'm jealous!
take care and happy new year!
I loved 'The Holiday,' too!! Good to see ya back to bloggin', Manda. :)
love, me <><
Ughhh.. I had stuff written but then it disappeared. But it was just telling ya that I love to read your blog and stuff...lol
Post a Comment