2.23.2007

Remind me again....

What is it exactly that we are to cherish and savor about motherhood? Now I know that may sound harsh, but honestly, some days I struggle with that and I feel horrible. Am I supposed to cling to the fact that I am awakened three times in the night by a 2 yr. old (almost 3) that knows better? Do I cleave to the fact that I never feel like my cleaning was an accomplishment because it never "looks" clean? Or maybe I am to love the fact that my kids colored all over my cream coffee table. Now don't get me wrong, my kids are my life and I love them to pieces. I think they are so dang cute and funny too at times, but I am not sure I signed up for the aforementioned stuff! Agh, this is my journal so I am just writing what comes out - hope to not be too negative here, but some times life is a bit negative I guess. I read some of you other mom's blogs and you have so much fun with your kiddos and say to cherish it b/c it goes so fast. And I do agree it goes fast, but I can't say that I don't sometimes wish for a clean toy free house. HOrrible I know. I pray everyday that my outlook changes. I need a better direct connect to God I think. I am sure half the problem is my lack of devotions and quiet time! OK - at the bottom I will post a few pictures of my kiddos masterpieces!



Well, tomorrow I do get to go at 12:00 or so over to a local hotel and have a little scrapping overnighter with my girlfriends. I am super excited about that! A much needed break right now for me! Kyle will bring the kiddos swimming on Sun. morning to burn some energy too! Tonight Kyle is going out with the guys so I will be home with the kiddos - maybe I can come up with something fun to do with them. I had a great lunch at a little bakery today here in town that has a GREAT turkey artichoke sandwich - it's a grilled sandwich with sliced turkey meat and some spinach and artichoke on it - mmmm! It was a fun lunch with my mom and my sister Tam. My sister is having her baby next week Thurs too - so excited for that! She is having another little boy, which is much needed in our family b/c so far there is just one boy out of 10 cousins! So Corbin will have a little brother now. We do have little Jacob - our little heavenly nephew, which means there are/were 11 kiddos - 3 of them now boys! Wow - that seemed confusing to me - I hope it wasn't confusing to you guys - LOL! Anyway so that will be the excitement for next week. We are just praying for a healthy happy little baby and that Tam's c-section/surgery goes good!




















So sorry that the pics are so bad - I have like the WORST camera on earth - another thing that makes me so upset! Anyway - the first pic is the constant food and milk mess on the floor due to Selah's game of throwing things off of her highchair. Second and third pics are of the table - sorry you can't see them a little better.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by!






8 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh I hear you sister! Isn't life funny? As soon as we have a clean house (because our children are grown), we'll wish for their little messes. You'll feel renewed after your night away. Sorry you'll miss the party- we'll save you a piece of Dale Jr. cake. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I feel like that everyday! LOL It's ok though, hold onto the fact that the Mother's Curse works and we get to pass it down to them ;) (You know, "I hope when you have kids they act the same way you did")

Jaime said...

LOL! You should check out my last two entries on my blog! Exact same issues. I am glad that I am not alone in thinking this way. Oh honey, hugs and I hope that you have a better day.

Anonymous said...

yay!!! i am so excited for tammy and brian. please post pics of the little guy! i feel so bad that i have been so out of touch with the VBs. :( Tell them we will be praying for them and we think of them often!

totally miss my haircuts girl! i am going to body perfections on lakewood on mon. and Brooke is cutting my hair. do you know her? is she good?

--mel :)

Anonymous said...

I completely understand where you're coming from about the kids. I have the exact same problem with mine and know that I'm not always cherishing this time like I should and like I would love to. I think this is the part of parenting that no one really ever tells you about. Mind you, I wouldn't trade it for the world. But, yes, a break would be nice. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you're not alone!

Juls said...

Uhggg! I feel the same way! I know I didnt sign on to raise my husbands kid so his ex wife culd run off and live our her dreams...I love him, but not his whining. and even my own daughter is driving me nuts! come on, at 11 months old she really should be sleeping through the night, but no.becuse that would make MY life easier lol. I feel ya Honey. This too shall pass.

Not Everyones Mama said...

Oh honey, read my blog. I'm about ready to throw my 2 year old out in the snow. LOL I feel like the most horrible mom right now.

Glad to hear someone else feels like me!

Anonymous said...

Your are truly amazing!! We can't do everything everyday.
Love ya!! :)

YAY baby boy this week!! :)