3.11.2008

A Day Off!!!

No school today for Braelyn which means a day off!!! Here I sit in my PJ's and just enjoying life! We have been doing a sticker chart with the girls since Sat. where they get stickers for different categories. Breakfast, lunch,dinner, attitude, cleaning, sleeping, etc... I added the sleeping one yesterday b/c they were up at 6:15am (which really - if time hadn't changed would have been 5:15am.) Not acceptable so I told them they needed to sleep longer or stay in bed quietly longer. Well today they both got stickers! Selah came in to my room about 7:30 and Braelyn slept until 7:45. I'll take that! I told them that when they sleep longer, than I get to sleep longer and I wake up happier. EVERYONE knows that a happy mom means a happy home!
Last night I did some cleaning while the kids were outside with Kyle - beautiful day yesterday. So I have a little more cleaning today, maybe some laundry, and another work out. Other than that I plan on scrapping during naps this afternoon and tonight we have our nieces and nephews over while their parents do their date night!
We decided to not do our big shopping trip this weekend. There were a bunch of things stacking up against it. I started to get the feeling we weren't meant to go. The hotels all around there were all booked up which means I am sure the big outlet mall was going to be PACKED. So we couldn't stay over night right there, we would have to miss my nieces 2nd birthday party - can't have that. Few more other things I can't think of too. So anyway - we are putting that off until the first week of April. And I booked the hotel room so that we for sure can stay overnight right there! This just gives us time to perfect our list. My list just entails a whole new wardrobe. I have clothes from highschool yet. Good thing is I guess that they still fit, bad thing is they are OLD and outdated!
Guess I am out of stuff to talk about. I feel like I never really have inspiring stuff to say - kind of getting sick of the blog. Guess that's why I have only been checking in every week or so. I occasionally start to think "now why would people care what we did this weekend", or "who really cares what my kiddos are up to". Do all you other bloggers go thru lows like this in your blogging life?
OK - have a great day - I know I will - might just stay in m jammies all day. Oh wait - have to work-out which means changing into workout clothes and then showering. Darn.
Toodles

5 comments:

Lynette said...

I agree with the blogging lows, but I keep reminding myself that I"m doing this to have a document of what I do everyday/feel etc... for my kids, and honestly if no one wants to read it that's fine too! Have fun on your shopping trip, even though you had to postpone it! I know that's probably disappointing (from experience:), but it will be better in the end!

S Huiz said...

OOooohhhh- jealous that you are home in your pj's. I so want to be home today in mine. Not feeling the greatest. Sorry your shopping spree got postponed. At least you'll have it to look forward to. Ahhh- a weekend away without kids is always nice to look forward to! Can you tell I'm in a funk today? haha And I so hear you about blogging- I just thought that last night- that it has almost become a chore now. But I agree with Lynette- I think it is neat to keep going for a family journal. And I do enjoy reading your day-to-day stuff. So keep it up! :-)

Cassondra Wolters said...

I love reading your blogs!

I get so excited to read them when you have new ones! Its so fun to hear about how the girls are doing and how you guys are doing!


I will have to bring my pictures to show the girls on wed they always seem to like looking at pictures :)

Hope you guys have a great weekend sorry to hear about your shopping trip but at least you still get to go eventually!

Love Cassie

Nina_VK said...

I hear ya on the bloggin!! Most of the time I have nothing worth while to say--heck I never have anything worth while to say. LOL
Do it when you have time, and don't worry about it if you can't. Like Dino said, You don't have to apologize to anyone if you don't post--this is for you and for you to have. What a wise one he is. ROFL. :)

Anonymous said...

That's funny I was just thinking the same thing about blogging. B/c I hadn't been on in awhile I felt like yesterday I had to put something, anything on there. Crazy! Shopping sounds like so much fun. Enjoy yourself when you go.