6.08.2008

2:30AM Musings

So yeah - Here I sit 2:30AM - just got out of the shower. Why you ask??? Well, from 10:00PM on we have been down in our basement paddling out 12 inches of water. I am just sick to my stomach. We had a RARE flash flood here. I guess the news said 5 inches in 2 hours. Guess where 12 inches of water sat. Our basement. A blessing: We do not have a finished basement. A Curse: We are supposed to close on our house on Fri. Yeah - remember my last post - we had a purchase agreement and are set to close this Fri. the 13th. Well, tomorrow we will be calling the buyer to let them know what happened. I am SOOOOOO SOOOOOO frustrated right now. I could care less that our basement flooded - it happens (well, actually it has never happened to us, but I know many a person has gone thru this!). The timing of it though is just so uncomical. I have so many questions to God right now. And I have voiced them to Him all night. Why? Why now? Why after finally having a buyer for our house does something like this happen. I mean 3 years on the market and we finally get a break. For what? For our house to flood. Ugh. I am so disgusted. I AM blessed however to have AMAZING family and neighbors. Everyone was trying to help where they could. Our poor neighbors also got flooded and they have a fully finished basement. My sister and her husband got some water in, but sounds like they mainly stayed on top of it. So I know it could be worse, and yet for me - this is the bottom right now. We pray that the buyers are understanding. We have NEVER had water in our basement, so we KNOW that this is a RARITY. They have every right to back out though. There is scheduled to be an appraisal and a home inspection on Monday, so we will see how everything pans out here tomorrow. We will call them and fill them in once we wake up and acsess the situation. My parents, Kyle's Dad, and our brother-in-law Larry totally worked MAGIC tonight - we are SOOOOO thankful to them for helping us - I don't know what we would have done without them! It is all basically dry already. The main part of the water was out already by 12:00am. I would say the water wasn't coming in until about 10:00pm, so only 2 hours and we had the water out at least. Our garage is full of all of our basement stuff now though. If the sale still does go thru though I guess we can look at it as our basement is almost all clear now - and everthing is moved up now - one step ahead of the game. Sorry - just trying to find the light in the tunnel. Hard to know what I want to pray for tonight. Kyle and I prayed so hard a while back that God show us what His timing is on this house sale stuff - just really voiced our frustration with it all and got in a pissing match with Him. Well, low and behold we had a TON of action on our house all of the sudden right after that. Then He provided a buyer for our house and we saw CLEAR answer to prayer. I guess I pray that He continues to show us clear answers. We have spent quite a bit of money already in the process of this purchase going thru that we would have to eat right now - making this even harder to take. Let alone the actual excitement of selling our house and getting our house plans drawn for the new house - we had just ordered all that and found what we think we will love. Today we spent all morning packing boxes. I sit here looking at 10 boxes all ready to go. So yeah - maybe just pray that the process somehow still conitnues - IF it be God's will. I do have pictures, but I can't even bear to show them right now - I am still too disgusted - LOL! I hope this blog post finds you all after a good nice long sleep - I think this helped me just enough to unwind and be able to fall asleep. Kyle is still gone, but should be back shortly. he took 2 truck loads full to dumpster already tonight. He's such a hard worker - I hope he can unwind too and sleep good tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda!! How awful!! But you are right - not finished could be worse. But still not fun. I would be absolutely frustrated as well. And here I was just complaining on my blog about just plain being up all night with the weather. Ugh! Thank goodness for family to help us through. I hope everything looks good this morning and that all goes well for you guys this week.

S Huiz said...

I am so sorry for the mess. I feel sure the buyers will be understanding- that was a rain like no other. We got water in our basement too, and we've never had it before either. I thought the same thing.... hopefully it won't put off any potential buyers. Ryan was working, so what did I do? Close the basement door and didn't even know about it. He had to deal with it at 2am when he got home and noticed it. Ugh!

Jennifer said...

I will pray that the buyers still go ahead with everything. I am so sorry that this mess happened to you.

TheCatLord said...

manda, i'm so sorry that this happened at this time of all times. my prayers are with you.

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

I am so sorry to hear your horrible news. I hope that everything will work out with your buyers. You have an amazing spirit! Sending prayers your way!

Bethany said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry!! We also got water in the basement for the first time. Ugh. Sending prayers that the buyers will understand!

Lynette said...

HOpeing all went well with your call to the buyers this morning! I"m sure you were SOOO frustrated all niht long... hopefully you got some sleep in the whole process!