Yep - we're all dry! Our basement actually looks cleaner and better than it did prior to the water coming in! Part of it is because there is barely anything down there anymore, but partly b/c we cleaned ALL day (and all night!). Our garage - well - that looks like a tornado went thru it. I woke up this morning at 7:00am (so about 4 hours of sleep), with the girls, andwe went right back downstairs to assess the situation. It was all pretty dry by then, just a tad musty. We redid a little bit of drywall and kept the fans running and now at 6:30pm it is smelling good and i don't think there is a lick of water anywhere. The county drain commissioner came this morning too which was very nice I thought. He must have sensed my concern last night when I called him. We got a bit nervous at 2:00 again because we got a brief storm again that came thru - God was good to us on that one. I truly think the flash flood thing was a fluke thing and I really think we are pretty lucky. As I was catching the Today Show this morning I realized even more how lucky we were because I saw the devestating floods in Indiana. I know it could have been much worse, so in the midst of cleaning I am thankful and rejoicing! We will wait out God's plan with the house sale. The buyer is keeping the appraisal and the home inspection for tomorrow and hopefully they find that things look great and we pray that they continue to go with the purchase.
Anyway - I guess I don't really have much more to say - that's pretty much been all consuming. I hope to scrap a page tonight while watching our Sunday night movie - I need the therapy. I've got some fun kits to play with too! Gracyn is almost crawling - it should be just a matter of time. She has no teeth yet although every day I swear the should be getting one because she always seems fussy. I think maybe she is just a mildly fussy child. Selah is so bummed that she can't do gymnastics like Braelyn - she gets so jealous everytime we drop Braelyn off. Braelyn loves gymnastics - we have this week of it and that's it. Did I tell you all I now have my half day off for summer. Since the whole offer on our house and all the things we have going on in June for the girls I decided to ask for that half day off. It will be awesome to have that extra day home!
Here's to hoping everyone has a GREAT start to their week!



5 comments:
GREAT NEWS! I'm so glad to hear that you got things taken care of so quickly. Lots of our neighbors flooded too, our sump pump ran all night! I am sure the buyers realize how random the event was.....so many homes flooded for the first time. Good luck, we'll be watching for updates.
good news! Presley loves gymanstics too!
Glad things are all dry now! HOpefully everything went well today!
I'm so glad to hear that everything is all dry and the buyer still wants to continue with the inspection. I totally agree that this flooding thing was very rare. There have been very few people that I have talked to who have basements and didn't have some type of water problem. Good luck with everything - keep us posted. Oh yeah, Kylie is quite jealous of Braelyn going to gymnastics, too. :(
How did the inspection go? Are the buyers still on board? Hope so!!!!!
Post a Comment