All kinds of exciting stuff to blab about. Exciting to me - might not be to all of you! :)
We had a GREAT weekend! Gorgeous weather! Friday night we had small group - a great time of good food and socialization without kiddos! Sat. morning we went out to breakfast and picked up some fertilizer for the yard and then came home and got to work! I cleared out the whole garage and washed down the floor and some of the walls! Man was that needed! It is a great feeling when it is done too! We are having a garage sale in our neighborhood next weekend so I thought I should have a clean presentable garage! We also found a ton of stuff to put on the garage sale! Kyle mowed the grass, fertilized, and helped clean! I also washed my Tahoe - inside and out. So that may not sound like fun, but it was actually not bad - and it is a great feeling of accomplishment and cleanliness! At night Kyle and I went out to dinner on our own and then we met up with some other couples and headed out two hours to Indiana for a Sawyer Brown concert. Despite getting lost and listening to blaring loud music all the way there it was a ton of fun. My sister-in-law always gets tickets every year from her brother who knows Mark Miller (lead singer of Sawyer Brown). Late night so the girls stayed over night at my mom and Dad's. Sunday was just a good day of church and then lunch at the in-laws - very relaxing. We had dinner out at the beach too - that was the best! We flew our kite and the girls did some swinging. Gorgeous night!
That brings us to this week. Not a whole lot of excitement this week - normal stuff andnot many plans. This coming weekend is going to be great though. We are taking the girls to Avalanche Bay - one of the largest indoor water parks, in Boyne MI. We have not taken a "vacation" this spring like many people do so we decided last minute to book this little trip. We will leave on Fri. morning - take out time getting up there, and then stay there until Sun.! Braelyn is excited and is counting down the "sleeps". I hope that they both like it and are not scared - I know sometimes those things can be a little frightening! They do have a lazy river and kiddie area though that should be a little more tame with not as much water splashing all around! So that is our excitement here!
Scrapbooking question for those of you who scrap. Do you slow down on your scrapping in the summer months??? I feel like that is the case b/c life gets so busy in the summer with camping and little weekend trips to cottages and what not. Just wondered if that were true for my blog readers?! Chime in here and let me know if you slow down like I do! I get overwhelmed with pics b/c I take the most pictures in the summer, but I get behind on scrapping them!
I really want to accomplish a few more pages this week so we will see if that pans out.
I hope you all have a great week!
Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I tell ya, I am so behind on my scrapbooking right now. But it's so true!!! I take tons of pictures right now and don't have time to scrap them 'cause I want to be outside with the girls. We should schedule a time to do some scrapping. I am done with my last album today. Woo Hoo!! I am all caught up on that atleast. lol :)
Talk to ya later chica!
OMG good for you cleaning the Tahoe. I always get way behind during summer. But..I am one who likes to scrap fast. So even if I do a 20 min page I'm happy just to jot down the memories of what we did, ie pic, etc. :) But yes..totally I slow down! How can you not live outside all summer? LOL
I honestly haven't been doing it that long, but I'm sure that I will (I already kinda have), and like you I have more pics this time of year (Get sick of indoor winter pics of doing absolutely NOTHING!)!
You guys will have so much fun at Avalanche Bay, enjoy your family time away...can't wait to see pics!
way to go on cleaning out the garage and truck. i cleaned out my vehicle too. feels good and smells good too!! i don't think i slow down scrappin in the summer, but for ovbious reasons......no dh and no weekend vacays......gotta keep busy somehow lol
Have fun on your trip. I just looked at the website- sounds like a great time! How long does it take to get to Boyne? Did you get the pictures I emailed you from Sat. night?
you go girl you have alot of pregnant nesting energy lol
Oh! We'll have to try that water park! Sounds like fun!
And yes, I slow down and the pictures pile up. We have moved every summer so it is hard to find time to just sit and scrap! It's fun, though. Don't let the guilt get to you!
sounds like your weekend was very productive!!! and i know it felt good to get all that done!!
not onlt do i slow down in the summer, i slow down anytime life gets hectic!!! lol
denasimoneaux
Just checking on what you all are up to on your blogs! Loved all the new pictures. Hope you have a great time this weekend. See ya on Monday! MOM
Post a Comment