Well, I have no pictures to show YET. I put a few on my computer, but I am posting from a different computer so I cannot show them. Plus the fact that I have to get a CD from my brother-in-law of all the photos we took with their camera - better quality! Anyway - I hope to get those up here soon - I know we got some fun ones! We got up north at about 9:00pm - girls stayed awake the whole time - although we did make like 5 stops - LOL. We turned a 2 hour road trip into about 3 1/4! But hey - we were in no hurry and it was a nice ride! Not much on Fri. night - just got unpacked, set up, and chatted with my sister and her husband after kids were in bed. Braelyn slept downstairs with her cousins Paige and Corbin - so she felt pretty special! She did good until 6:00am when she had to go to the bathroom so my sister brought her up to us in our room and she fell back asleep with us! Love cuddling with our girls in bed! The second night she did sleep with us. So Sat. morning we just really took it easy! Had a great quiche and then once it started warming up the guys and kids were outside riding the motorcycles & the big rhino (like a large heavy duty golf cart) all thru the trails on the property. Selah and Braelyn LOVED riding fast on these things - so scary for a mom to watch! After lunch with my parents, we headed to their hotel/lodge to use the pool. It was in indoor pool and it was so so HOT in the room, but the pool was still a little chilly. The hot tub was the best bet b/c it was actually not that hot! Good times and it tired out the kids! We took them all back and put them down for naps. Kyle went back out to ride the motorcycle around and I read a couple magazines and just sat! So nice! We has a dynamic steak, potato, and corn dinner - MY FAVORITE MEAL by far!!! We had 8 adults and 8 kids at this point in the night!!!! It was a total chaotic fun time! In a little log cabin I might add! :) After half the crew left for their hotel room we watched The Holiday. Good movie. I got to see it in the theatre with my girlfriends and I enjoyed it just as much the second time around! Hit the hay after 12:00am! That is late me me folks!!! Sunday morning was pretty uneventful - just did a nice breakfast of cinnamon rolls and sausage, and then kids played outside for a bit again! I packed up, hubby did a little laundry like our sheets and some clothes and then by 10:30 we were on the road back home. Our ride home took exactly 2 hours!!! No stops this time! We headed straight to Kyle's parents house for Sunday lunch - a little late birthday cake for me too! After lunch we headed home - put the girls down in their own beds and Kyle and I had 5 days of bible reading to do. We are doing the "Bible in a Year" thing that we commited to at our church, and let me say - it is TOUGH. We pretty much do it everyday, but if you fall behind it can be hard to catch up. We do it together - most of the time listening to it on CD while reading along in our bible's. I must say I am having a hard time with the Old Testament. There are so many confusing and hard to say names. It has helped listening to it rather than trying to read it! Anywa - so we read for about 1hour! By time I caught up on my emails and blog reading I had no time to scrap! I hope to tonight, but I have to do a few haircuts - but then I will just commit myself to it!!! I have a list of kits to play with and stuff to use!
Now that I have rambled your ear off about our weekend (that to most of you is probably just blabbering) I will just leave you with the promise of putting up some pictures on my next post!!! keep an eye out! Have a great day folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend- can't wait to see pictures. Have a good week!
So glad you had a great weekend! So good to get away!
what a fun time! can't wait to see the pics!
Sounds like you had a good time, it's so nice to get away sometimes, glad you were able to! Have a great day!
Post a Comment