Got back yesterday at about 5:00pm. I was whooped! I have never been so busy go go go!!! I wish I had pictures to share and I promise tonight if I get time I will do a post with just those but I am posting quick from work just so you all know we had FUN! Avalanche Bay (indoor waterpark) was AWESOME! Tons to do and the girls did marvelous! Braelynn went down nearly every slide - even the ones I said I would not do again! She is one brave soul! Selah went repeatedly down the slide that I could take her down. And by the way when I say Braelyn went down every slide, I do mean with Kyle of course! The kids got their nap schedules a little messed up of course, but they were pretty good for being crazy busy and running on only 2 cylinders vs. 4 (meaning less sleep.) The hotel was GREAT - had a mini kitchen and so for brekfast each morning we just had our Krispy Kreme donuts that we picked up fresh on our way up north. Lunch and dinner were a little hard to come by around the resort. They had the waterpark cafeteria (expensive and not that great), and then most of the actual restaurants were closed. This is called Boyne Mountain Resorts - a big skiing area in MI here. Since they are kind of in between seasons they figure they don't need to run all of their restaurants. This would be fine if there were other options outside of this large resort, but there really are not. We made due though and did not starve - LOL! I was told if you know they area there are some great places so next time we go we will get more advice. We are actually going back with Kyle's whole family in Sept. Now mind you I will be 8 months pregnant at that point which will not be all that fun. So great times - hope to have pics soon!
Busy week ahead!!! We have our neighborhood garage sale on Fri and Sat. We have quite a large subdivision so it is CHAOS!!! I hope to sell much of the things I am putting out to declutter the house!!! So I will be setting that up all week I would say! Fri. night is the fireworks to kick off our local Tulip Time Festival! All next week we have parades and junk food and dutch dancing and all that good stuff! LOVE this week here and last year we were gone to FL. during it! I think the girls will LOVE the parades!
Summer is quickly approaching and will be here before we know it! Nice weather is finally pretty much here to stay here, and we have three camping trips planned already. We are also going to a cottage with friends in the beginning of June! I need to go and get a good maternity suit b/c it looks like I will be needing one ALOT this summer. I have never been REALLY pregnant in the summer since I had Braelyn in Jan. and Selah in May. This is different for me!
On the pregnancy note I have jsut 3 more weeks until we find out what we are having. Still praying for a healthy baby boy - but we will be content with a healthy baby in general - boy or girl! Braelyn keeps saying baby sister and that is my gut feeling, so who knows! I am feeling great - don't even feel pregnant - which at times is scary, but everything looks great so far! I should start feeling the baby in the next few weeks, unless I have anterior placenta like I did with Braelyn's pregnancy - my placenta was in the front of the womb so I could not feel baby very much until later in pregnancy b/c there was like extra "padding" so to speak. Good baby stuff - love being pregnant - so amazing!
Watched Facing the Giants last night. GOOD MOVIE. I was getting a little sick of movies lately b/c of al the negativity in them (be it shooting, killing, law cases, affairs, etc....) and this one did not dissappoint. Very christian based and I thought it was well done. Some parts were a bit "cheesy" if I dare use that word, but all in all it was good. I had tears a few times.
Better finish my day here at work and I hope you all have a GREAT day too! Thanks for stopping in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
SOOOOO glad you are back and that you had a great time girl! :)
sounds like a great place to go. we will have to take our kids there sometime next year. glad you had a great time........have fun with your garage sale!!
Sounds like a great time! So glad you guys could get away for a bit! We can't wait for the parades and junk food this time of year either! :)
Sounds like you had a blast. Mary Jo said she saw you guys on the web cam. We'll probably have to pick another time to go than in Sept. b/c Jen and Chad have a wedding that weekend we were planning on- bummer!!! Maybe we can go in August so you won't be quite as pregnant???? Are you telling when you find out the gender of the babe?
Glad you had a good time, I'm sure you are tired, I was tired after just one day at Double JJ...and it's smaller and I wasn't pregnant! Good luck with your gs...I despised garage sale weekend when we lived in there...you can't get out of the subdivision in less than 15 minutes...but hopefully you will get rid of lots of clutter, that's the goal!
Good Luck with tha garage sale. Can't wait to see those pics !!
Post a Comment