This morning we got up and out of the house by 8:30am and headed to the bakery b/c hey - everyone around here seems to be doing it - LOL! We headed into the salon that I worked at last year just to say HI to everyone. Made an appointment for my highlight and cut too - not until July 14 though! Hope I can hold off that long! Then we walked over to the library and realized they don't open until 9:30 so we hopped back in the car and headed over to the car wash. By time we were done with that the library had opened. I signed Braelyn and Selah up for the book club this summer. Braelyn has to read 15 minutes and then she can fill in a circle on her chart. Then every 10 circles or so she fills in the star and can take it in for her prize. Selah can fill in one circle per board book I read to her. It really encourages kids to read and be read too, which is GREAT! I love our local library, but man taking two kids 3 and under is crazy. I can't imagine taking more kids - and soon I will have to - LOL! Selah has NO concept of "quiet" in a library. She also has no concept of books belonging on certain shelves so she tears them out one at a time and I have to figure out where they go again. I quick grabbed 10 books - 5 for each - and headed out. I was going to pick up a new video for them to watch, but they were not being very cooperative. Maybe next time. Next time I will have Selah in the umbrella stroller FOR SURE!
Pedicures tonight with the girls! Meeting Janet at a park and drive and then picking up the other gals - good girls night out! Speaking of feet!!! Here is a LO I did for the Hodge Podge Art challenge this week! One thing I do like about myself is my feet - odd I know! I have a foot fetish of sorts! I love giving pedicures and making other people's feet look beautiful!

Also in the LO I wanted to spotlight Amy Martin's tiny beaded disks - her featured item of the week over at The-Lilypad. They are on sale, but also if you use them in a LO you have a chance to win some money to Amy's shop. Who wouldn't want Amy Martin shop money I say!
Credits for this LO found here.
Here is another LO that I finished up the other night while scrapping at my neighbor's (which was mighty fun I might add!) I did not and will not post this in my galleries b/c it is a COMPLETE scraplift of this fabulous LO by Colleen
When I saw Colleen's LO I knew I needed to do one like it with Braelyn's Dora birthday cake. I just LOVED how she did the title with DORA in it and I just loved the whole thing really! So I am loving this LO - can't wait to see it in print! I used stuff from Shabby Princess, Amy Martin, Kate Hadfield, Natalie Braxton, & Gina Cabrera.
I have done a bit of shopping this month too - hoping Kyle isn't led to look at the credit card bill before I pay it! I had a couple inside sales at The-Lilypad from Natalie Braxton and Kate Hadfield - I can't pass up a sale right??? They only come around once in a while! Also today I got to download a bunch of new goodies from Audrey Neal since I am on her team - she put out 7 new wordart packs and I LOVE me some good wordart quotes!!! Will have to play around with that stuff soon! Since getting all this new stuff my "new scrapping supply" folder is jammed packed which means I need to sit and put it all into ACDC and tag it all - that might take a little while of organizing!
Tomorrow Kyle is pretty much gone all day - fishing in morning and then maybe home for a bit in the afternoon and then off to the races at night with Chad - brother-in-law. I guess I might get a little scrap time then since I am spending this nap time on a VERY long post - LOL!
I think I will just leave you with all that - if I haven't lost you already! I enjoyed writing this one!
BTW - I did update my bloggy a little - like the header and some of my blog links - my sister Kim started blogging!!!
Have a great weekend everyone and HAPPY FATHER's Day to any dad that just might be reading this. (OK - so I am pretty sure that would only be my brother Dino - LOL).
Ciao!




2 comments:
Whew! That was a long post! Sounds like you had a fun day too. I keep forgetting to go to the library- the boys love going to the Z-Bus on Tuesdays to get books so we have let the library go by the wayside. Next time, we'll all have to coordinate being at the bakery at the same time. We may hit it Mon. or Tues. morning before we leave for NC. Have fun tonight at girls' night out- see you Sunday evening.
Sounds like you had a fun day... gotta love Z Bakery! Love those layouts, great scraplift! Have a fun weekend, hopefully Kyle has luck fishing, Matt's out now too, we'll see how that goes :)
Post a Comment