6.11.2007

Pics from the weekend!

Just some pictures from our weekend away!




















How many kids can you fit into a 3' x 5' sandbox??? I can't get over this pick and how so many kiddos fit in there and actually had fun still!



















Kyle took Braelyn up into this lighthouse on the beach - so cool that it was open for tours! Braelyn loved it and it was HIGH!!!



















See!!!




Selah stayed on the beach with me since she wasn't tall enough to go up - for fear of falling over that side (let alone the fact that my preggo body would have been TIRED from hiking up those stairs - LOL) She got FULL of sand, but we had so much fun!

So - I really didn't take many photos unfortunately, but I am okay with it b/c we had a really great time! I have a few pics to get of Braelyn riding a go cart all by herself so I will post those as soon as I get them! It was so so cute!

This week and weekend are BUSY!!! Wed. morning we have another showing - same couple coming thru a second time so more CLEANING tomorrow! Wed. night going to scrap with some friends, Thur. night we have a big family birthday party for my niece Eva. Fri. night girls night out. Sat. night - Kyle's night out - he is going out to the races with our brother-in-law. Good Father's day night out doing something they enjoy. I think he may try going fishing too on Sat. which will be good for him b/c he has been DYING to go out! Then Sunday is Father's Day which is also my nephew Owen's dedication at church so we go to their church and then big family thing again at my mom's for that and for Father's Day. At dinner time we head to Kyle's parents on the pond for a cookout and boating! Whew - I am tired just thinking about all this stuff!!! Add work into that schedule and I am not sure how I am going to do it other than the fact that Thur. I don't need to cook dinner - Whoo whooo!!! It's the simple things that excite me. And guess what else??? I get to meet Janet Phillips this week which excites me to no end!!! We haven't nailed down specifics, but we WILL get together!!! She is just an inspiration to me both as a mother and as a person, and of course as a scrapper too! Those of you that know me as a scrapper know that I am not afraid to use templates b/c hey - I scrap for my kids and my memories and if it means I can get more pages done and stay caught up for EACH child then I am all about it! I can still be creative with them and do my own thing. I can re-use them numerous times without anyone really even noticing (especially my kids some day or people who don't scrap and are just browsing my books!) Janet's templates caught me quite some time ago - I think I might have happened upon her blog at one point and just LOVED her LO's. Then as I read her blog daily I realized that she is such an amazing woman. We have become little blog friends and exchange emails and blog comments on a weekly basis. So this is one digi scrapper/designer that I am stoked to meet!

Many of you know I have had the opportunity to meet many a scrappers/designers - so very cool. Not one of them has ever disappointed - all of them way better in real life than in digi-land - which is a COOL!!!

Well, signing off for the night! Hope you all have a great week! If you have made it thru this long boring post - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

8 comments:

Nina_VK said...

Holy smokes I am tired just ready your bog and seeing how busy you are this week. LOL!!

Those are SUPER cute photos!! It looks like you all had a ton of fun!

TTYL girl
Have a good night!

Melissa said...

gorgeous photos! where is that lighthouse? it sounds like you have a fun and busy week! ours is busy too, but mostly it is ryan that gets to go out, not me. :( hey it is is fathers' day week after all, i guess i will let him have it!
about the fire on the beach, it was probably illegal, but we didn't get caught. ;) down the beach a little ways from us someone else was having a fire too, so we didn't feel like we were breaking the law, although we probably were on "someone's beach". it was 2am so we didn't think they would mind! good times!
enjoy your night of scrapping and your girls' night out!
mel :)

Kimberly said...

I love those pics of the lighthouse - I too want to know where that is. Sounds like something Dan and I (and the kids) would enjoy.

I know how you feel with a busy week - we have a crazy week too. We'll be sharing two busy nights/days.

See ya then!

Lynette said...

Looks like you had fun! Lots and lots of kids! Good luck with your showing tomorow... wishing you luck! Try to stay sane this week with all your business!

Anonymous said...

OH those are adorable pics Mandy!!!!!!!

S Huiz said...

You DO have a busy week! Hope your showing goes well- a second time through is an awesome sign! Looks like you guys had fun at the cabin.

Janet said...

Can't wait until Friday! Thanks for all the sweet words :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! It's funny to see how all the kids interact. Your weekend definitely seems busy. We are actually getting off easy this year for father's day. NO plans at all. So excited! And I actually get to go out on Saturday not Adam! Hitting the racetrack with friends on Saturday. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of Kyle. Love ASA!