6.30.2007

Unanswered Prayers

So, I took the dare. Digi-Dare that is. Here is what it prompted me to create:

So I knew immediately when I saw the digidareya challenge for June 29-July5(?) I would scrap about my nephew Jacob that went to be with the Lord 21 days after birth (2004). The challenge was based on Garth Brooks' song "Unanswered Prayer". Thanking God for unanswered prayers to be specific. The hard part about the challenge was thinking about what my prayers were back when Jacob was being formed in his mother's womb (my sister). At 20 weeks she found out that Jacob would live only 2 min. to 2 hours after birth. Miraculously he lived 21 days. He was so precious and touched my life so deeply in just 21 days. I think I prayed that he would be healthy - I prayed for a miracle. I prayed that God not make my sister and her husband go thru what they did. I prayed that I did not have to go thru what I did. God didn't answer those prayers - at least not in the way I maybe would have liked. He answered them the way HE knew was right. I became a different person thru Jacob and his life - what a blessing. Many people do not understand how and why we (our family) respected God for His decision. We don't always understand how we do either, but this trial has made us stronger.The LO - started with a template (scraplift template of Shabby Miss Jenn's LO) sold now at Kiss Studio. Then as I was searching for the right song lyrics to put on my LO (b/c there were so many songs that applied to that situation at the time) I was browsing my sister Shawn's gallery b/c she had a bunch of LO's of Baby Jacob. I came across this LO:http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=128372So then my LO took on a similar look and feel - I just went with it though.For the dare- ok ok - I don't have a scanned image and I didn't do something new and different for me. Oh well - I got a LO that I absolutely cherish! Thanks!

(this is what my LO says under it in the gallery so just thought I would copy it into here.

So it's Sat. night as I type this and I am hanging out - waiting for Kyle to get home from the Detroit Tigers game. They lost unfortunately. Sounds like they had SUPER seats though! I didn't see him on t.v, but he thought i might be able to with where they were sitting. Anyway - he left at 10:00am and should be home anytime now. The girls and I had a good day. We swam in the little whale pool on the driveway, played on the deck, had lunch on the deck, took naps (well - not me - I scrapped), then we went to Pizza Hut with Julie and Beth and their kiddos. Played at the park too for a bit after dinner. Then it was kiddos to baths and bed! Last night was a GREAT night out with my siblings and parents (NO KIDDOS!!!) for my parents b-days. It was so nice to go out with no kids with my family. Normally when we are with my family for birthday things there are rugrats everywhere (10 to be exact!), last night was just good adult time. My cousins were nice enough to watch all the kiddos at my parents house so they all got to play with eachother still! OK - Kyle just came home!!! Off to chat with him!!!

Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Amanda. You lifted one of my favorite LOs of all the ones I did of Jacob. It's one of only a small few that I don't want to go back and re-do. So many of the others don't seem to do his life justice anymore. I wanted to comment on your last post too. Those photos of Braelynn and Kyle's fishing trip are great. Can't wait to see them in a scrap page.

Love ya,

Shawn

S Huiz said...

Hey! Been off-line for a week and having withdrawals! Hopefully I'll get my computer back tonight. Great LO of baby Jacob and loved seeing the pics of the fishing trip. Hopefully we'll see you soon- we're heading to the cottage for the 4th- have a good one.

Kimberly said...

What an awesome LO Manda. It brings back such great and difficult memories all at the same time. I think it is so cool that you could create this type of memorial of him. I too remember all the great songs that were so popular and so fitting during that time. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS mandy!