Past weekend Fun Stuff:
Fri. night we went blueberry picking! One of the best things about Michigan Summers is the fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. This was actually my first time blueberry picking. Kyle did it for a job when he was younger - like .22 cents a pound he made. So here are some pictures I posted quick - one of Kyle picking (he did outpick us all!) and one of Braelyn eating more than picking! Both girls had pretty nasty diaper/bathroom issues after eating that many blueberries in one sitting! We went with my sister and her family (6 of them) and then my parents hopped along for the night too. After picking we headed to our state park for a hotdog cookout. It was like 8:45 before we ate, but the kids did great! We didn't get home until 10:30!
Sorry about the sideways picture - too lazy to flip it!
Scarfing down on the big plump blueberries!
Saturday was another busy day. We had a funeral for our friends' dad in the morning, got home from that at around 1:15. We chucked the kids in for quick naps and then went out to Grand Haven for a "Spread the Music" benefit day. They have this raffle that you "buy" ping pong balls and then they release these ping pong balls from a helicopter and whichever 11 make it closest to the flag on the ground get prizes. Of course we did not win, but Braelyn had a ton of fun at the little "carnival". After that (5:00) we headed downtown Grand Haven to Snug Harbor for dinner. The kids were JUNK from no morning nap for Selah and then a rushed afternoon nap so we could get to the carnival. We ate dinner quick and headed home so the kids could be in bed by 8:00. It is so hard in the summer to get kids in bed on time - and they so need it. During the week we do pretty good, but weekends are another story!
Sunday was a GREAT church service about WORSHIP which I loved and we got to sit thru it kid free. Braelyn went down to summer sunday school and then Selah did great in nursery! Maybe that is really why I enjoyed the service so well. After church we head to my mom's for good Sunday lunch. Fresh corn on the cob from 72nd Street - MMMMMM! I think our corn season here in MI will be fairly scarce b/c it has been SOOOO dry. The bottom of the stalks are brown already and they aren't much more than knee high. :( Kids took great naps on Sunday afternoon and Kyle and I caught up a bit on our "Bible Reading in a Year". I have to admit we aren't doing so well in the summer months with this. We are all caught up on Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament. Old Testament - well that is another story. I find it so hard to read it and it is always the biggest section to read each day. So we will catch up on it eventually, but I figure the whold point of doing this challenge is just to get me in God's Word each and every day so that is going to be my goal! Played outside a bit when girls woke up and then did our pizza and movie thing! During dinner we watched "The Wild", and then once kids were in bed we watched "stranger than fiction". Both of these movies were OK to say the least. I didn't LOVE the wild compared to most disney movies. The Stranger than fiction was mildly interesting and a few funny parts. I actually missed the very end due to falling asleep. I am not sure if he died or not - LOL!
I did a bit of shopping online this weekend digitally speaking. A couple things from the Lilypad sale - if you missed that you missed out!!! I got the Christina Renee and Shabby Princess collab kit too. I have new stuff to play with from Amy Martin too - GREAT stuff! Anyway - so I have a TON of new things to play with and I feel a touch overwhelmed. I am feeling overwhelmed with my "responsibilities" on teams even though the gals I work for are so so so very kind and patient! None of them really have MAJOR requirements, but I am the type that if you give me something for free I feel like I need to PIMP it up and put it out there to advertise for them - after all that is why they have teams! So I hope to get some serious scrap time this week.
I have a big to do list too this week and in the next 12 weeks to be specific.
This week - get the swingset built (well - really a to do for my hubby, but I will help where I can)
In the next 12 weeks:
paint Selah's room - this room will become Braelyn and Selah's room! I want to make it something cute for them. Right now it is just a neutral goldish color. We need to fit Braelyn's Full size bed AND Selah's crib in this room too!
Clean out both rooms/closets. Re-organize them both.
Take house off of market and slowly over the next year or so finish the basement. Re-list the house when the market gets a bit better. I think we will plan on staying here longer now! I am both excited about that and bummed. Kyle and I really want to work at having no debt so we can bless other things/people. We believe that debt is not what God calls us to and so one way for us to be out of debt is to build and sell houses. But at this time I feel that God is calling us to stay put and I am content with that in this time in our lives. We will be a touch scrunched in this house with 3 kids and us, but that makes for a close family right?!
Well, I feel motivated so hopefully the nesting instinct of pregnancy is kicking in and will actually make me do somthing. I am a somewhat LAZY person. I would much rather be scrapping than cleaning and orginizing. Although amazingly yet my house is quite clean and orginized!
OK _ that was a longer post than anticipated! Off to shower and get ready for my appointments! Have a great day everyone!



11 comments:
I hear you with taking your house off the market- will be nice to have a break from that! Your house will be plenty big for you guys once you finish the basement. That is so funny about Stranger than Fiction. We rented that one as well and tried to watch it last night. We got about 20 minutes into it before we turned it off. I had heard it wasn't the greatest, but neither of us wanted to finish it= we'll try again tonight maybe. I'll let you know if he dies. :-) I hope all of your appts/tests/shots go well today. Can't wait until that little niece of mine is born. I got to snuggle/kiss on Selah and Braelyn Saturday morning. :-)
Hope your appointment goes well -- doesn't sound like fun!
Also glad you are finding contentment staying where you are. I am sure it was a hard decision but at least it will give your new family of five some time to get settled and used to each other before having to move back in with family.
I don't think you missed much sleeping through the end of 'stranger than fiction'. I watched it with girlfriend and we chatted through the whole thing and drank wine. I could not even tell anyone what it was about, except that it did NOT hold my attention! hee hee!
Good luck with the doctor appt. I had to do the EXACT same thing. I am Rh - too. I do not miss the yucky orange 'pop' (riiiight!) either!
it sounds like it will be nice to have the house off the market for a bit. you won't have to worry about open houses and such and get to just 'nest' in your last weeks of pregnancy! enjoy them!
Found you thru Lynette- good for you to take the day off! Love 72nd Ave sweet corn...almost forgot it was there until I read some of this. Thanks for the reminder! I know what you mean about buying/selling houses, but it's so hard right now. Hope you find happiness and contentment in whatever decision you choose! It ALWAYS works out just how it's supposed to. Take care ;)
I totally understand taking your house off the market... it's only been a month for me and I'm frustrated! (We HAVE to sell though, we will be more than crowded in this house with four kiddos)! Hopefully you are able to make it everywhere you need to go today and on time too! I'm so thankful I don't have to drink that orange drink... I've heard it is terrible! If you ever need help with your CT stuff I'm here for ya... Just kidding! I do love Amy Martin's stuff though, and everything lilypad for that matter! Good luck with your to do list, have a great week!
Hey girl, I hope everything wen't well at the doctors office! That sounds like such a pain. Your such a trooper!
Yay for taking the house off the market. After having the babe, you could always send Paige to come play with the kids or just send them over there to the VB's. LOL ;)
hope your drs appt went okay. good for you ad kyle for trying to catch up on bible reading, i know how hard that can be. i wish my dh would read with me!
I think this was one of the best weekends of the summer. You just can't beat 72nd street corn and fresh juicy blueberries straight off the bush! Then top if off with grilling at the lake and kids with sand in their ears...I LOVE Michigan!!
Glad to hear you are taking a break from trying to sell the house. Let me know when you are ready to have the crib back!
Loved hearing about your weekend - sounds like you did lots of awesome summer fun stuff. I'll have to get some of that corn. I got some blueberries from close by home just the other night. YUMMY!
I hope your dr appt went well and I can't wait to go thru the same thing with the orange pop (NOT!). I didn't pass the test last time and probably won't this time either. Hopefully the specialist will let me get out of doing the 3 hr test again this time.
I just cannot believe that you are on baby #3! You are making me feel very old, it seems like just yesterday we were all trudging through the creek with a backpack full of supplies :O) haha! Oh the memories! I love the pics on here, makes me feel like I am not that far away. :O)
Sounds like a busy and not too fun morning. Hate that orange drink! Sorry about the shots. Yuck!
So cute doing the blueberry picking. I can see Presley doing the same.
You may definitely be lazy you are PREGGERS! LOL Have fun decorating, though. I love doing that kind of stuff. Check the The Company Kids magazine for some good ideas with color and bedding. They always have cute stuff.
Post a Comment