Yep - I am literally just checking in to pout - LOL! I do do it with a chuckle though at least. I figure not too many people are going to read this on the 4th of July b/c you are all busy with holiday activites so I figure I will just pout quick and get it done with! This is mostly for me - just to get it out.
Braelyn woke up this morning with a fever. I gave her ibuprofin and she got better quite quickly (so I thought). I got us all ready and went out to the bank drive-thru and to drop off our CD's and DVD's we took out from the library - had to go in the library versus dropping them in the outdoor drop box b/c I didn't want to drop CD's in that box - KWIM?! So I get the girls into their stroller and Braelyn is SHAKING - like uncontrollably. We rush in - drop off the items - I grab like 10 books - literally just grabbing them off the shelf b/c Braelyn is still shaking and starting to cry. We get in the car - go home and I give her some tylenol = she throws it up instantly. I chuck Selah into bed and get Braelyn all washed up in the bath and lay her on her bed wrapped in her towel and cover her with her blanket - in a little ball. Still, she is shaking. I am getting a touch nervous b/c in my 3 years and two kids history I have NEVER gone to the doctor with my kids for anything but well-child visits. I KNEW something was wrong. She fell asleep and was very lethargic. I called the Dr. office and they said to bring her in - 11:45. So we get ready and packed into the car - drop Selah off at my mom's (where I was supposed to be all morning helping clean up the camper we are using this weekend?) and off to the Dr. we go. Blah blah blah..... No strep, let's get a chest x-ray. We then head to the hospital radiology building to get the x-rays - Braelyn did great. Still very sleepy at that point. I go to my mom's b/c I HAD to clean out the camper so Selah took her nap and Braelyn napped, woke up, napped, woke up, spit up, etcc... My mom cuddled with her alot which was nice. Dr. calls finally at 4:15 with results. Braelyn has PNEUMONIA. BUMMER. Poor girl. She is miserable. So I go to pick up the prescription and we head home. My families BIG fireworks party is tonight - so I went for the first part - dinner (tonka toasters on the fire), and now Kyle is there to set of the fireworks - BIG ONES. He is so bummed that his own daughter and wife don't get to see them. He is keeping a few here to do a little show for us tomorrow night though at least! And luckily I live close enough to my parents that I heard them and could see a lot of them from here. So both girls are sleeping. I am praying that Braelyn sleeps well tonight. I really am blessed that my kids have been so healthy up until this b/c I am WHOOPED from all the busyiness of it. Even though she slept there was wash to keep up on and all that!
About camping. My other pout. We might not be able to go. The Dr. really suggested NOT going. I have to take Braelyn in for a re-check on Fri. so I for sure will not be going until Fri. afternoon. Kyle and Selah will go up Thur. night after work as planned - my sister-in-law and brother-in-law will be up there too so he will hang with them. Hopefully B is feeling a little better and I can take her - but she will HAVE to hang low - no real playing - poor thing. So we will see how things go here in the next few days. Tomorrow night we were supposed to go to a cook out with all our friends and kids - more BIG fireworks and that will not be happening for us either unfortunately. We need to get Braelyn well. So go figure that the one time my child does get sick is over a holiday where we had a TON of plans. I think that is just what always happens - do you agree moms???
Anyway - any tips or pointers are appreciated - never dealt with this before! I just hope Braelyn feels good enough tomorrow to drink and keep things down. I do not want her to get de-hydrated!
OK - pout over! I hope you all have a GREAT fourth of July! I think ours will be VERY low key now and I will keep you posted!
::WARNING:: Pouter signing out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
What a bummer, Manda!! I'm so sorry that your holiday plans have gotten spoiled. Hope Braelyn gets better quickly! If it's any consolation, we've had to miss Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and birthdays because of sick children. I think Fourth of July is one of the only ones we haven't missed yet. LOL! It definitely stinks!! Hang in there!
Amy
Hope Braelynn had a good night sleep and is starting to feel better today and hopefully you'll get to do the camping thing at least part of the weekend.
So not fun! Hopefully she is already feeling a touch better, it is a bummer to miss out on holidays because of sick kids, but in the long run it's not a big deal! (Matt and I ate Thanksgiving dinner at Holiday Inn one year b/c Landon was to sick to travel up north... long story). Praying that everything is better soon!
I'm sooo sorry babes! We spent the last 2 weeks locked up in our house with the flu. It stinks but hopefully you can enjoy the peace just being at home! xoxoxoxox
Oh Amanda, I feel for you:( Tristen was just sick with a fever and sore throat. I hope she feels better soon and then you guys can have your family time. Hang in there, and my prayers are with Braelyn. Happy 4th!!
Oh no! Sorry to hear Braelyn is so sick! Yuck-o! We haven't had pneumonia here, but other things. My advice...movies and popsicles are like miracle "medicines" - kids love 'em! :) Hope she feels better soon!
It was a bummer that you had to leave the party, but hopefully you could see the fireworks alright from your house. Hopefully B is feeling better today so that you can go away this weekend and enjoy the sunshine.
Oh sweetie....I am soooo sorry you are dealing with all of this! I totally feel for you -- my kids NEVER get sick so when the first cough appears I freak out a little. Imagine my melt down when all three had pink eye last fall! LOL! Yuck. Hope B gets better and YOU and the baby stay healthy!
poor girl! I hope she feels better soon. Lots of liquids and lots of rest really..rest will make her much better much sooner.
So sorry to hear Braelyn's sick; that's no fun at all! I hope she recovers quickly!!! And yes, it does seem like these things happen when there's plans. I've missed quite a few things over the past few years!
Just out curiosity, what are tonka toasters?
Post a Comment