7.24.2007

Thanks girls

Thanks for all of your encouragement girls! I am hoping to do a bit of reading - which is totally not me, but I am giving it a go. Last night at the library I picked up "Power of a Praying Parent". A good start b/c hey - who can't use a good prayer said for them every day right?! I am waiting on the Sacred Parenting book from my sister - I will get it next time I see her - sounds like a good one also. I think my parenting is fairly decent, it is just my attitude about it that sucks. I am trying to wake up every day and tell myself that it is fun! Janet told me sometimes we have to fake things for a while to make them become a part of us. She explained that we basically teach our kids in that way. We make them brush their teeth, eat, etc... - all kind of fake until it becomes a natural part of them - a natural tendency. So I think I got some great advice and as bad as it sounds - I am going to try and fake things for a while - LOL!

So - this LO I finished up may be a little hint for some of you in regards to my latest scrapbooking excitement.




Playdate today and fair tonight - that's it from me! Hope you are all having a good start to your week.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

And from that layout I think i know your scrapping news, WAY exciting! (Maybe I'm wrong!). I was just admiring that layout at the Lilypad, not seeing who it was by... love it!

Great idea on the "Faking It". So very very true!

Nina_VK said...

Cute LO Manda totally love it!!
If you go to the fair and want an elephant ear--my dad is gonna be there cooking. he is right behind the brick building. It's an older elephant ear consession stand that he borrowing, but I bet he'll toss ya free one!! Oh and tell Kyle I think he'll be making his fajitas.
;0
Have a great day girl!

Kimberly said...

Great advice about "faking it." I can kinda see how that would work. Kinda the power of positive thoughts.

Great LO - are most or all of those pics from B's camera?

Dan was thinking of taking the girls to the fair tonight too. He said that he might do that if I feel as bad as I did yesterday. I don't feel that terrible so maybe I'll go too. If so, maybe we'll catch up with you at Pop Pop's place. :)