We had such a good weekend! Thursday night, our dinner banquet for Winning at Home was AWESOME! Ok, ok, so I didn't LOVE the food, but I normally don't at those types of things b/c I am so picky - it was too fancy for me, but the entertainment and information we got was GREAT! One of the great things they are doing is called Married for Life, an awesome copncept in a world that is so divorce ridden! Kyle and I are signed up and there are great emails with good information. They want to have one million people sign up for this - so far they are just over 5,000 only - so sign up and make the commitment. You already have made the commitment on your wedding day to your spouse - now make the statement to the world that marriage is still an institution that is meant to last. The other thing I am looking forward to that Winning at Home is starting is a parenting event. Dan Seaborn is partnering with Mark Harris (singer/songwriter) and they are going to host an event on parenting - both speaking and singing! Should be good! So that was a great evening.
Fri. night was small group at our home - went well. Watched a video by Rob Bell -his Nooma series. The one we watched was entitled "Today" and it was about embracing today - not holding on to yesterday. How many of us say "oh back in highschool - those were the days" or "oh before having kids - wow that was a good time". Too often we spend so much time living in the past that we forget to embrace today and enjoy NOW. Good stuff. Good food and fellowship!
Sat. I got my hair done - FINALLY!!! Good morning out. Then by 5:00 we were headed out to the Professional Bull Riders event at a local arena. That is quite an amazing show. Even if you are not into bull riding (or think you would not be) I assure you they put on an amazing show. We had a good dinner before hand too at Friday's! We didn't get home until about 12:00am - late night for me - LOL!
Yesterday (Sunday) we did Sunday school and church and then to Kyle's mom for a good Sunday lunch. Girls did naps (as did myself) and then we went out to the beach with a pizza. It was a GORGEOUS night! I can't believe this weather here in Michigan lately. Today is supposed to be 88 degrees. Maybe a record high for this time of year here. We have had great sun to lately. So nice - although - 88 is a little too warm for this pregnant woman! Work today inside anyway so it will be fine. Tonight I have BSF and it is fellowship night too so I think I will try to go early and get to know my group a little better. Not sure yet if I will sit thru the lecture part though b/c I am in such pain/uncomfort lately with my back and ribs so it is a long time to be sitting for me.
No baby of course yet. I see MY doctor today at 4:00 so hopefully he will say i have dialated more and things are progressing. It is so funny b/c I know of 2 other gals that are due the same time and all of us are on our 3rd to 4th child - and no babies. Maybe we'll all be at hospital together! I have been having the pain I mentioned - like starts under my right chest area (rib pain) and then wraps around to the back muscle of upper back. Severe pain - sometimes takes my breath away. I called the nurses line finally on Fri. thinking they could give me something stronger than Tylenol to take. The nurse called me back after checking with Dr. and she told me to get liquid antacid b/c he thought my stomach may be irritated. WHAT??? I don't think they understand what I mean. So I did try it just to appease them, but no such luck. While I was at the pharmacy though I also picked up Tylenol PM to at least help me sleep. It has helped a bit, but I am still extremely tired from lack of sleep. Just preparing me I guess! Other than that, the contractions have slowed and aside from the normal pressure I feel down there things are just sitting tight. Could still go to my due date - we'll see! The anticipation kills me. Braelyn is so excited too! I think she will just LOVE having a little baby around - although she is at the age now that she will want to hold her all the time. Selah won't really care much I don't think.
Well, I hope you all had a great weekend too! See ya on the flip side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
oh manda i have had that same pain as you described so i know what you are talking about!! when i explained it to my dr. he said it was an anxiety attack...HUH?!!! i just let it go.
have a great week, and a baby soon :) !
Glad to hear an update and can't wait to see what Dr Cal says today. I really can't wait to hold that little peanut...although she will make Owen seem like a giant already. Have a great day!
Sorry you are in pain. NO fun! Glad you had fun this weekend, too. Winning at Home stuff sounds really good. take it easy.
Enjoyed some of your weekend with you! I am feeling the same way about this heat and I'm not pregnant. I am ready for 70-75 degrees and it can stay at that temp year round for me. For some odd reason, I doubt you'll go to your due date- that seems too far away!
I've heard so much about the "Married For Life" thing, I need to go to thier website and check it out! What a great idea that was! Sounds like you had a good weekend!
Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend. Sorry to hear that you are in pain. I understand the frustration of needing meds and not getting the right ones. Hopefully you can find something that works for ya. And the baby will be here soon so you hopefully won't have to wait too long in pain.
Post a Comment