Mac Woods Dune Rides
This was our first year actually doing the dune rides. It was $40 for our family - but it was SOOO worth it. Braelyn smiled from ear to ear the whole time and the views were GREAT!
The girls were so excited to go on this ride! it took us thru the dunes and out to Lake Michigan - got us a little wet and then back to the shop. It was so much fun - Selah loved it and I even think the baby in my tummy loved it! I did sit in front seat since it was the least bumpy and really - the ride was the same as riding in a regular vehicle - nothing crazy on this!
We did the beach on Sat. and Sun. - great weather each time - a little windy on Sunday, but bearable. Again - the girls just enjoyed playing. This little "creek" runs into Lake Michigan on this beach - so great for the kids!
Selah needed a little rest time I guess. She kicked me right out of my beach chair and made herself comfortable. Of course she was pulling her hair and sucking on her first two fingers - double barrel!
Braelyn had fallen asleep on the way to the beach on Sun. We had some trouble with parking since the beach we like has only about 30 parking spots. We waited on the road for about 5 minutes with cars behind us just to wait for one car to leave. Ugh - that is the only downfall on Labor Day weekend - the place was PACKED! Chad drove around for about 20 minutes so we waited for him (he dropped his wife and kids off at the beach) and we let Braelyn take this cat nap. She was OUT!
And here is Selah while we waited - just re-hydrating and getting ready for a beach party!
That's it for pictures - sorry for the rawness of them - I am not the type to fix up pics until they go on my LO's! I also hope they don't post all funny on the actual blog - that is one bad thing about blogger is the layout of it is not the best!
We got back Sunday night around 9:00pm which was great because we got all unloaded and started on all our laundry. We have gotten smart with laundry though - both while camping and really for any little get-away. We take a larg garbage bag and as we have dirty clothes we throw them in there so by time we get home all our dirty laundry is all in one place - and anything left in the bags then is still clean and can just be put away. So laundry even went fairly quickly! Monday morning we went to breakfast with my sister Kim and her girls and my mom and dad. IHOP - nothing fancy. After that we headed down to our Holland Market Place where they finish off a "truck" parade and the trucks all park and hand out goodies and you can look at the semi trucks and sit in them. It is just a little tribute to some local businesses and fun for the kids. They got lots of candy and little toys! We were home by 10:30am and then it was clean time. Kyle did yard work while I kept trucking on the laundry and cleaning house. I put the girls to bed by 12:30 since we were skipping lunch and doing an early dinner. Kyle then came in and we went thru our house room by room and threw away a TON of crap. 2 LARGE garbage bags full! And a pile for GoodWill. Feels good to de-clutter! I did my cousins nails last minute for her senior pictures and then it was shower and off to dinner - again with my mom and dad - LOL! Dinner was Logans - the 2 dinners for $12 deal is GREAT and kids meals are only $2! Our kids split a meal b/c they NEVER eat even half of a half - LOL! Good food and it is always nice to have a little extra help along like mom and dad - LOL! After dinner we went to Target, Best Buy, Michaels, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Talk about errands. Didn't get everything we needed, but we made quite a bit if headway! Home by 9:00 and kids RIGHT to bed since Kyle bathed them late afternoon. Good day! Kyle and I watched a movie once we got all settled to unwind before the work week!
Today I have been busy cleaning again! Talk about nesting - right?! Basically I am going room by room again starting on one end of house and cleaning floors, washing base boards, and scrubbing walls where they need it! Feels good to have this done now that we know we are staying. In the next two weeks I will be calling to get the carpets cleaned so they are all ready for a new baby to be laying down on! Plus I must admit we have only had the carpets cleaned ONCE while living here - like 4 years! YUCK. I just HATE forking out the big bucks for it, but I know it will be worth it. I think I might try the company my sister uses b/c she swears by them - and I want them done RIGHT! I am going to try to scrap here for a bit during naps - I am sooo behind!
Well, my oven timer just went off and I can smell the scruptious blueberry crisp which must mean it's done! Have a great day and week!



5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good time and nice weather too! As for carpet I would definately recommend Randy's again, I'm just not quite sure about L&N, I'll be calling Randy's next time I think (not sure when that will be though...)
Sounds like you had a great weekend! So happy for you!
gotta love those sleeping pictures- B looks whipped! :-) Glad you had fun and took the opportunity for the dune rides- looks like a blast!
Looks like a lot of fun. Ran into Julie at the lib & she said they had a fun weekend. Cleaning & declutter sure does feel good. Love the nesting stage it's amazing how much you accomplish. :)
So much fun Manda!!!! That pic of B sleeping is soooo cute!!! LOL
Post a Comment