We had such a great time on our weekend get-away! I'll share some pics that will sum it all up!
On the way to Cabela's - the guys are gearing up! I think they got all they needed there. Mindy and I were content to just browse.
Here we are at Cheli's Chili Bar
just outside of the Comerica Park. My boss said we MUST stop there for a drink before the game. We enjoyed a drink on the rooftop bar - could see over into the stadium! Neat atmosphere!
Mindy and I in Comerica Park. We stopped by the Fan Store while there and each picked up a super cute Tiger's sweater!
Just a pic of my hottie enjoying the game! :)
The fireworks after the game were PHENOMENAL!!! It was so cool to have the lights all go off and then these fireworks just lighting up downtown Detroit. They were RIGHT in front of us! Awesome!
Matt and Mindy
Kyle and I just before heading out. We sat in traffic for 1 hr. - that was the worst part - but totally still worth it. We stayed in a hotel about 10 miles away from Downtown Detroit. I think we got back to our hotel room by 12:30am and hit the hay!
We all slept until 9:00am (which I haven't done since before having kids I think!), an enjoyed the nice breakfast and headed home! I was excited to see the girls again! They had a BLAST at Grandpa and Grandma Huizenga's - they swam, and went for walks, and boated!
So Sunday night we had a dinner at our new pastor's house to talk about a new family marriage ministy he wants to start up at our church. We were asked to be on a "planning" group with him to discuss ideas. Our ministry is going to be called FUSION - bringing the family together in one accord! Love it - very very excited for the things to come in our church!
Back to the daily grind - have a bunch of things to pick out for the house this week. Here is one last updated pic for you all on the house! It's moving right along. I took the kids out there tonight with Subway for Kyle and us, and we had our first dinner in the house! I set up a little picnic and we all sat and ate together - too cute!
OK - I must go to bed now!!!



4 comments:
How nice to get away w/o kids! Your house is making progress... how fun!
Wow..you take such good pictures:) A weekend away sounds nice right now:)
Great progress on your house. Hopefully you'll be better than me and keep posting pictures. I think I stopped after the framing! See you Friday night for some yummy food and fun!!!!!
Great pictures, sounds like a great time and fun to see an update on the house!
Post a Comment