So, it seems like forever since Kyle and I have had a vacation together - somewhere tropical - in the winter. I think our last trip was when I was pregnant with Braelyn. Well, she is 4 now, so it was probably 5 years ago this winter. Kyle and I got married in January - and I love that - because it's always a great excuse to get away from the Michigan snow. So why am I already looking forward to it?!! We just got our passports and I am excited because we are going to Punta Cana in January - over our anniversary! Kyle and I, as many of you know, have not had a ton of quality time lately, so it gives me something to look forward to. October we'll be moving/unpacking, November is Kyle hunting and Thanksgiving. December is crazy holiday busy, and then January - a good month to head out of Michigan. We have been to Hawaii for our honeymoon and Punta Cana, Dominican twice. We did some other non-tropical trips too before kiddos, and of course this summer we did the North Carolina trip, but nothing since having kids! Those of you that know us though do know that we get some nice weekends away without kiddos, so I can't really complain too much. Last year we had to miss out on our three other close friends going on a cruise b/c it was planned for 4 months after having Gracyn. Being a nursing momma and just knowing I wouldn't be able to leave my kiddos for a week back then, we declined, but were bummed. So we just figured it was due time. We will be going with one of our friend couples that goes away EVERY winter to somewhere tropical (you lucky buggers!) Anyway - I am just so excited after seeing my horrible horrible passport picture (what's up with those anyway???)
Had Wed. night church tonight and I had to teach for the first time. It went okay. I will only have to teach every other Wed. so that will be nice! Tomorrow is another work day! Love work days! Looking forward to this weekend and going away for some shopping and scrapping with some girlfriends and my sister (can't wait Kelly, Amy, and Tammy)! Braelyn and myself will be the main people I am shopping for - we desperately need clothes!
Shows I am loving:
Dancing with the Stars
Criminal Minds
Samantha Who - can't wait for the new episodes
The Office
I don't think I have any new pictures or LO's to show you tonight - I can't believe it!!!
Have a good rest of your week and a fun weekend everyone!
MandaKay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Aaaahhh heaven to think of going somewhere tropical! How nice! We had to put our tropical trip off ONCE again because of owning 2 houses!!!!!!!!! Have fun this weekend as well- you're turning into a shopaholic!!! Still laughing over B's burst of insight in choir. She sure is stinkin cute!!!!!
Yay! I am so excited your trip is coming up :)
My friends went to punta cana this past spring and loved it!
I will be more than willing to come while you guys are on your vacation and watch the girls for part of the time :)
Give me a call if you need help with any packing and moving :) you know I will help! :)
I cant beleive its almost the weekend already where did this week go!
Tell the girls I say hello :)
OH good for you Mandy! How wonderful!!!!!!
Oh you guys are gonna have a blast! Sounds like a much-needed getaway too! I've never done a tropical vacation in the winter. Is it still pretty hot?
i don't know where punta cana is, but it sounds lovely!! so happy for you!
Post a Comment