9.01.2008

Winners!!!

So I get to give out the gift cards to Jenna Desai's store at the Lilypad finally!!! All 4 entrants will be winning a $5 gift card to Jenna's store!!! Thanks for playing along gals! The LO's you all shared were awesome!

We had a great weekend - love these long holidays! I normally work Mondays, so it seems so wierd that I didn't work today and that I don't work again until Thur!!! Fri. night we had a great night out with friends and my girls had an awesome night with Cassie - the sitter! Sat. I helped Kyle build our deck!!! What a feeling of accomplishment! He did most of it, but I did my fair share of holding up boards and nailing in hangers! The girls were with us for a bit playing and then they napped at home and I went back! Thanks again Grammie for being there while they nap!!! Sat. night was pretty laid back - we were beat! Sunday was great! Sunday mornings are always rough for some reason - just the whole idea of all 5 of us getting up and ready and still trying to have a nice relaxing day is hard. Church started at 10:00am and we were rushed somehow to get there. Gracyn normally naps at that time so I was so apprehensive about how it was going to go. Well, we got there and put the kids and nursery and they all did wonderful - no crying! We went up into the sanctuary and I was still a bit bugged b/c it was so busy and not much space to sit. Little did I know God was going to bop me atop the head with the message! Our new pastor - whom I have gotten the joy of meeting personally as we build a marrige/family group for our church - gave a sermon on James 4 and on being a friend of the world or a friend of God. I found out, shamefully, that I am guilty of being a friend of this world. I want things for me. I am selfishly driven. Ugh. Knock me up top the head again. Principle: God did not create us to be part of this world. He did not intend for us to be comfortable here. WHAT? You mean it's not about me and what I want here on earth? Huh? Those were just a few points going thru my head. I got a ton out of the sermon and I think I want to study the book of James a little closer this week. Seems to be pretty straight forward about some issues! Anyway - so my day was just better after that! Love when that happens! I think that is just one of the many reasons that God created church bodies - can be very uplifting! After church we went to Kyle's parents condo for a nice day on the lake with family! At night, after kids were in bed we watched the movie "Cleaner". Good movie if you like cop/crime scene movies! Can't go wrong with morgan Freeman and Eva Mendes anyway! Today we got to sleep in a bit (about 8:15am!!!), and then we were up and preparing a big breakfast with my parents and family! Yum - there was so much good breakfast food! Kyle went to work on the house again and me and the girls hung out. Did a fairly light dinner tonight of some fresh produce we got Fri night while out with our friends at their produce company. We also went swimming tonight at my sister's house. Fun weekend!

Good luck with everyone going back to school tomorrow! Hope the school year schedule goes smoothly as you get back into it! Braelyn doesn't start till next week - she is getting pretty excited!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Tell Brae brae I said to have a great week at school next week- Sadie starts then too. Glad you guys had a great weekend.