Just a quick picture post of Braelyn and her first day of school! She did good - she really likes her teacher and helper, but she was a bit clingy to me, which was suprising. I had pumped Braelyn up all last week that I got to go to school with her and that it would be just me and her and Selah and Gracyn would stay home with Grammie. I am quite certain that Braelyn looked at today as more of a Mommy Braelyn day than she did a 1st day of school day. I'm thinking she needs a mommy dughter date. A daddy daughter date wouldn't be bad either. Being the oldest daughter, Braelyn has never really had me all to herself. I had Selah 20 months after Braelyn and Gracyn 20 months after Selah. Poor girl. I kind of felt bad today. She loved school though, and I do think she will be great on Fri. I have prepped her on the fact that I will be giving her a kiss goodbye and then picking her back up in 2 1/2 hrs. I think she will do great - she was super excited to go this morning! I can tell they are going to learn a lot this year too - more preparation for Kindergarten, a little less play! OK - this was supposed to be a short post - sorry. Here are the photos!
My sweet Braelyn
And this is the picture that my mom just was so loving. Every year on the first day of school my mom took pictures of us kids right here - in this courtyard in front of her house! I think this was pretty special to see Braelyn here! I of course am just happy that she still is allowing us to live here, and I too think it's pretty cool that if I dig enough I can probably find a picture of me standing just like this - 24 years ago or so!
Braelyn had no problem finding her name, mailbox, backpack pege, etc... So very different from last year on the first day of threeschool!
Each child got this frog in the mail last week and they were instructed to decorate the froggy and bring it to school on the first day! Braelyn colored hers, and the teacher took her picture here by the board where she hung the froggy next to the picture of Braelyn!
Another little project. Trace her name.

And I had to take a picture of Braelyn with her teacher and helper! Teacher on left, helper on right.
There you have it - my big girls first day of preschool. Technically Fri. will be a real first day though - her whole class there and for the full 2 1/2 hrs. unlike today!
7 comments:
So cute! I love that first picture of her...she looks so grown up! Love the story of the picture by your parent's house...you really should find one of your's! :)
I agree, she does look grown up! WOW! Glad her kinda first day went ok! I totally agree on the need for mommy/daddy child dates, we so need to do that soon!
Sooo glad she did well today! What a fun and cute picture you took! :) Something for sure to scrap and remember! :)
I love the first picture, too.. she is just darling!! So glad it went well for her and you will LOVE Mrs. Genzink- we did!
Kitchen looks good. House must be moving along.
Yay for Braelynn! How exciting for her - so happy that she liked school. Helps you out alot. Special time for those little ones is important. For moms & dads. :) Where abouts is your new house? Out more our way? You are so very fortunate for family to let you guys stay... gotta love family.
She is just so utterly beautiful! I'm so glad she had a good first day. McKenna is clingy too during drop off so I sympathize (maybe its a first-born thing). But the important thing is that it looks like Braelyn is gonna have a great year! Check her out, tracing her name all nice and neat like that!
aww look how old she's looking! great pics & glad the first day went well! :)
Post a Comment