9.21.2008

Weekend Recap

I feel like this weekend went SOOOOO quickly. I'll do a fairly quick re-cap. Fri. night - small group (tacos and bonfire!). Sat. was a BIG work day. Kyle headed out to the house in the morning to finish the deck stairs, I headed there with the girls after Gracyn's nap. I grabbed some subs on the way out there and had packed a cooler, so we did a quick picnic lunch there and then I got to work shop vacuuming the whole entire house. I ran the girls home at 2:00 for their naps, and came back and I vacuumed again until 4:15pm! I was beat! Kyle got the deck stairs all done and no just needs to put on the railing and spindles, and he also washed up the mantle wood! I have a few pictures to share below! Monday morning the painters will be in there and I can't wait to see some of the colors go on! I think I cleaned it pretty well for them! Sat. night we went to a friends house for pizza and the girls played with their daughter! By 8:00 I could tell I was getting a HORRIBLE migraine again, and so by 8:30 we had to head home. I went RIGHT to bed upon getting home. I think Kyle got all the girls to bed fine! Not sure what these migraines are about, but I'm ready to discuss them with my Dr. Sunday morning was set to be a busy morning for us. With our new involvement in the new group Fusion at our church we had to wake up on time and get us all ready for church to leave at 9:30 am. There was a little prep work to do before the class started. I think the class will be a hit and our church OBVIOUSLY needed a new ministry for marriage and family b/c we had 70-100 people there! We had a few volunteer sign-up that we needed to pass around and a sign-up for an event in October, and the sign-up sheets were FULL!!! Prais God! It's amazing that when you get involved in these things it really does get you excited for God and for those around us in church!!! Anyway, after class we sat with no kiddos (Thanks MaryJo for taking Gracyn to nap - it was SWEET) thru a great encouraging sermon! After church we went to Kyle's parents for a great lunch and to celebrate a birthday! At 3:30 we headed with Kyle's parents to Crane's Orchard for some apple picking! We picked a fair amount of apples and now I have a big job this week of making up some apple crisp desserts to freeze and applesauce!!! YUM! So that was our weekend in a nutshell!

Here are some house pics!



Our fireplace - the focal point of the home! It is a real fireplace and we can't wait until the freakin 80 degree weather leaves us here in Michigan and we can sit in front of a cozy fire!!!








Blurry picture, but it is from our front door looking in. to the left is the office/sitting room, straight ahead is obviously the stairs to the upstairs and the living room. The door there on the right is our master suite.







This view is from the living room looking towards the kitchen. The table will go there in the center between the two. Down that little hallway immediately outside of the arch is the half bath that I am super de duper excited about and also another entry to that office/sitting room!







This is our master bath - that is Kyle's sink and mine is opposite it. The shower and toilet are in a little room inside of the bathroom and also the walk-in closet is in there too.








Here are the apple picking pictures - I didn't take very many. We really were only picking for about 30 minuted b/c it was 82 degrees - WAY too hot to apple pick. I am soooo ready for fall here in Michigan and I actually want to start wearing my fall clothes and stuff. I'm done sweating now thank you!








Kyle's parents with the girls! They couldn't turn down our invite - the girls batted their eyelashes pretty hard!





My little Gracie - sucking on her apple. She was quiet the whole time - content to have a big piece of fruit! Her 1 yr. birthday is in 10 days!!! Wow! Are you all still wondering after looking at these horrible pictures why I still have a point and shoot camera and not a digital SLR??? I AM!!! ARGHHH!!!!



Digi-scrapping related:


SMJ has a new kit out!!! Autumn Fleamarket!!! Here is my LO with it!!!



This is the view out of our little apartment/house at my parents - gorgeous, but last weekend we had got quite a bit of rain and so the creek flooded. Pretty common here - luckily - the house is built up on a hill so water in the house has never been a problem! These willow trees thrive because of all the water! I love those trees! I remember when we were young we'd go in that creek and get blood suckers stuck on us and we'd run up the hill to the house to get salt to get those things off. Little childhood memory for ya there! :)

Is this post long enough yet? I really need to get to bed now - Kyle already headed there about an hour ago. Our week looks much the same as the last few. Kyle working on the house at night every night this week, Wed. night church night, Fri. night is a weekend retreat for Kyle and I - but seperately. I get to go with some church friends/sister to shop and scrap and Kyle is going fishing for a night or so. Both trips overlap just one night though - he'll get to hang with the kids most the weekend, which will be great for them all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful! I love the fireplace - very cozy. Nice pics of Crane's. Glad your church group took off good for you guys - it makes your work seem worthwhile, too. take care. get those headaches checked out... it's not fun I know.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of your home Mandy! Wow...it just looks...awesome! I bet you can't wait to see it painted and such! :) LOOOVE the apple pickin' pics. You're right...that's hot but hopefully the fall weather starts soon...with the cooler weather. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Mandi! It sounds like you have been really busy! Your house is looking beautiful!
Let me know when you are up for another play date!

Sarah said...

I missed the sign up sheet for the October outing???? I didn't realize that one went around. And you should definitely be allowed to get a new camera WAY before a boat is bought by your husband!!!!! :-)