While it is SUPER busy getting her off to VBS by 6:30, it is nice to have a little bit of time with just Selah. And Kyle and I have spent a little time too just hanging out while Selah played - much needed! Last night for instance we were sitting on the couch together and talking and he mentioned that Casting Crowns has a new CD coming out in August so we listened to the little sneak preview HERE. We will for sure be picking this CD up and I have a $5 GC to our local christian bookstore that I got for teaching Children in Worship this year! Then I wanted to play THIS song by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. This is my song to Kyle - it starts by Tim McGraw singing about how he needs whiskey and cigarettes (which isn't really my style - but it is sung to make a point) - he is talking about how he NEEDS things - like Faith Hill. Then she goes on to talk about what she needs like an addiction. Such a love song. One part of the verse is about how the Father and the Son need the Holy Ghost. Interesting enough on Sunday that was part of the sermon - about how one can't be without the other even though they do entirely differnt things. Anyway - it is just a sweet love song and then to see them on the video just sitting there singing to eachother - ugh - melt my heart! Then I thought of a song that our country station has been playing by Tim Mc Graw that is not for sale anywhere yet. He sang it at the Music Awards and you can only see it on YouTube right now (see the top post to listen to song). The song is about the war and about a soldier who died and isn't coming home. It has such strong christian reference to the soldier being in heaven and that he is proud that he fought. There are so many anti-war songs and words put out by celebrities that to hear something honoring these men is AWESOME! It was a great tribute to the families of the fallen! So it was just a night of listening to some great music together and hanging out until it was time to pick Braelyn up!
Today is a relaxing day - totally staying home until Kyle comes home and we are going to eat quick left overs and then head out to the mall! I need to get a few maternity things - which I hate doing b/c you wear them for such a short time, but I am wearing the same 5 shirts and I have one pair of shorts that fit me right now. Braelyn and Selah also need a few things and I am sure Kyle will walk out with something just to not feel left out! Always a fun night at the mall. Tomorrow is pretty relaxed. Kyle wants to take Braelyn out fishing on his little boat so I will hang out with Selah so she can get her nap and all that good stuff! At night we have a big friends "pool" party - although usually no one swims - LOL! Just hanging out with friends and no kids - which is always refreshing! Our weather here has been AWESOME! It is going to get real hot again next week early it looks like, but we have been 80 degrees and no humidity the past week which is nice! A slight breeze makes it just perfect!
I will leave you with one LO here that I haven't even posted yet in my galleries, but here it is for you to see. A couple of you that read my blog asked where this lighthouse is and it is in Silver Lake Michigan - and it was great! Great picture opportunities and most weekends you can actually go up to the top for a $2 fee, and look over Lake Michigan!

Good Bye for now!



2 comments:
Great post Manda. I love that Tim McGraw song about the soldier. I'll have to watch that love song when I get a chance - that couple is amazing. Anyway, great layout of the lighthouse thanks for letting me know where that is. Have a great weekend & enjoy the weather.
Sounds like things are going so good for you! And your are right...the weather has been FABULOUS! So glad I was here to enjoy it ;)
Have a great weekend! And how sweet...going fishing together. Priceless :)
Post a Comment