7.05.2007

A Camping we will go....

So I am just checking in here quick this morning. The last two days have been CRAZY! Not the 4th of July we wanted/expected, but a holiday nonetheless! Our camper is packed and ready to go. Kyle will take it with Selah tonight and get it set up (about 1 1/2 hrs. away). I will take Braelyn back to Dr. in morning for her re-check and then we will head up from there. At this point Braelyn is going with me, unless the Dr. says NO WAY. Yesterday you wouldn't have even known the girl had been deathly sick the day before. She slept ALL day and night Tue. so I think she really got re-energized. I TRIED to keep her laying low though. Kyle and I were crazy busy Wed. just cleaning and packing the trailer - I forgot how much work that is when you first go. Our next camping trip should be much easier b/c everything will pretty much stay in it! So there are our plans for the weekend!



I hope you all had a great 4th of July - lots of fireworks and food and all that good stuff!


I am going to go pick up the newest digital scrapping magazine (Better Homes and Gardens - Ultimate Guide to digital Scrapbooking). I have been eyeing this magazine and have heard decent reviews so I need some good eye candy and reading material for the camping weekend. I imagine with Braelyn needing to stay low key I will be sitting at the camper alot while she naps and Kyle fishes! The camping resort does have wi-fi so I will most likely take my computer too, but I know Kyle will be so annoyed if I do b/c he does not understand why I need to take it EVERYWHERE. I just think it would be nice to do a few LO's while I am just sitting anyway - KWIM?! Sat. really will be my only full day there though b/c Sun. is really just packing and heading home again. I imagine I won't get there until about 1:00 tomorrow.


Sarah had asked in my last post comment section what a tonka toaster was. Here ya go for those of you who have never had one (also called Hobo Pies by some).

This is the Tonka Toaster hot iron. You put two pieces of buttered bread in this with any toppings and sauce you want. We typically do pizza toppings, although my mom and others in my family like to do dessert type sandwiches with blueberry dessert or cherry or whatever you heart desires. You stick it in the fire a couple minutes each side and Whallaaa!!! Nummy nummy tonka pie! Hope that explained it!
Toodles - you all have a great weekend. Hopefully I can check in Sunday night and show some pics!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun campin' and if you find that magazine anywhere you'll have to post where you got it. I checked a few places including pages in time even and noone had it. Hopefully you'll have better luck. Glad to hear Braelyn's feeling better already.

Lynette said...

Have a great time... hopeing for a good recheck for you tomorow!

Kimberly said...

I hope that Braelyn get's a clean bill of health from the doc tomorrow. It's hard to keep those kiddos down when they feel even half-way decent. Camping usually is relaxing, but now you'll have an even better excuse to just sit, relax, read, and play on the computer. Have a great time!

S Huiz said...

Oh no!!! We just got back from the cottage so I am just finding out that B is sick!!!! Weird time of year for pneumonia, isn't it????? Brooks has had it several times but always in the winter. I am sorry she is so sick. Hopefully it is bacterial and not viral and antibiotics can kick it right out of her system. Have fun camping- hard to keep a 3 year old down at a campground. I'd say sleeping/videos will be the best medicine for awhile. :-)

Anonymous said...

Have fun camping! I wouldn't have known what Tonka pies are...we call them "bush pies". I'll have to get my dad to bring theirs for our camping trip next week...FUN! :)