8.23.2007

Mama went a shopping!

So what happens when the hubby goes away??? Mama goes a shopping. I am NOT a shopper. I don't really enjoy it unless I have a TON of extra money floating around. It actually generally stresses me out, but I had a coupon to Old Navy for $10 off a $75 purchase. It expired today and I had a whole virtual shopping cart filled at work - just over $75. Problem is I get cheap and I think "why pay $5 for shipping when I can go to the store, see and feel the clothes, and save the $5. So that is what I did. Instant gratification too. Problem with that, is that when you shop online you can see a running tab and I think I had like $90 total by time I used the coupon and it added the shipping and tax, and at the store you are just tossing things into the cart - paying NO attention to proces. Needles to say I spent quite a bit more b/c I decided to buy it at the store.

First picture is an outfit that Braelyn and Selah each got - matching. Next outfit is Braelyn's - something for church and school. Third picture is Selah's skirt - church. And the fourth pic is Braelyn's camo pants and Selah got the matching green. So I ended up with 4 pairs of pants, two skirts, two tights, two little tees and the little sweater vest for Braelyn. I think that is pretty good for under $150. Good fall wardrobe. Kyle will be happy with the camo pants so that is how I will justify it all to him. :)

TGIF - thank goodness it is Fri. tomorrow. I say it every Fri. - but truly mean it. I LOVE Fri. because I have Fri., Sat., and Sunday off! No real schedule to follow - other than the usuals. Tomorrow I am taking the girls after Selah's morning nap to Jenison to our local scrapbook store to get some paper and embellies. What for - you may ask??? Well since we redid the rooms I need to get the girls' names done for the wall. We have had Braelyn's - so hers will just get moved. Her's hang on the wall by ribbons on pegs - in the CurlyMT font so we just need to move hers over to the new room. For Selah I got the wooden letters from Oriental Trading Company (can't find them now online - sorry). Anyway - they are basic white letters and I am going to paste paper on and add ribbons and embellies. I hope they turn out. So hers will set on a shelf in the room. Then I need to just order the new babies once we are for sure set on the name. I totally am set on what I want it to be - and I THINK Kyle is too - we just don't really talk about it much. But I would like to get them ordered soon anyway. So I have a list of things to get from the scrapbook store - including the new baby's album b/c I make a scrapbook page for people that come to visit can sign - so I need to have that all ready to go. Then I am going to lunch at FAZOLI's!!! So excited about that - I LOVE fazoli's as do the girls. If anyone wants to join me - call me in AM!

Hope you all have a great weekend planned and I am sure I will check back in this weekend!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cute stuff from Old Navy! They usually have great deals and I love thier stuff for Bailey!

S Huiz said...

Cute outfits- I was in there last week to shop for myself and had to really use my will power to NOT buy up the store for Sadie- they have some great things out right now. Sorry you can't make the pool- have fun shopping/Fazoli's. I still haven't worked anything out for tomorrow night. I'll probably just get a neighbor girl to sit and just stay until around 10 so it doesn't get so late for a sitter. I'll call around in the morning to find someone. Just count me in unless you hear differently.

Bethany said...

Cute clothes! I so know what you mean about not knowing the total in the store. :) The altered letters for the girls' room sound cute - make sure you take pics! Have fun tomorrow night...wish I could come!