Sunday afternoon already. WOW. Back to work tomorrow - that is depressing - LOL!
We had a very fun weekend. Fri. night after dinner we came home and packed up the girls' things and brought them to my mom for bed. I got them there and put them to bed and back home I came to finish packing up our camping stuff. Sat. morning by 7:30am we were out the door to go to our friends where we all met for our tubing trip! About 8 of us were on our way up north a ways and had breakfast and then got to camp to set up. There were 4 tents and the motorhome that a few of us rode up in! We had 16 people tubing!!! Total blast! It was HOT getting set up and waiting for our tubing ride up the river, so getting in that river at 1:00 felt GREAT. The girls all tie up together and the guys all kind of stuck together - every once in a while we would all stop and refresh and stand up for a while. The sun was pretty much non-existant, and it cold by 5:00, but that happens every year. The 4 hr trip always seems to last 5 for us. We had a super dinner when we got back of burgers, party potatos, pasta salad, salad, chips, fruit and more! Good 'ole fire and hanging out at night and it made a perfect trip! This morning was just packing up and on the road by 9:00, a stop for a nice sit down breakfast, and then unloading. Still made it to my mom's for Sunday lunch and to get the kiddos - so good to see them, but they were ready for naps so we didn't stay too long today and now they are napping and I am cathching up on my long lost computer!!! Two weekends without is about doing me in! I need to scrap for some therapy!
This week is CRAZY. Tomorrow is work, nightime is cleaning out the camper more to return it to my mom. Tue. night is an adult dinner for my MIL's birthday. Wednesday night is my little nephew's 5th birthday party. Thur. work (and Wed. 1/2 day), and nothing at night (at this point - LOL), and then this weekend is some sort of family thing with Kyle's family. I won't even say what yet, b/c it has changed a billion times - LOL! So lots of crazy busy stuff for us - I find it wierd that I am saying this, but I am EXHAUSTED. I LOVE all the fun stuff we are doing, but I am getting BURNT OUT! I would kill for a weekend of just being home together and doing nothing. No work, no packing of things, no plans, just home. I am just a bit of a homebody I guess. I don't think my life will get any less busy either anytime soon. Braelyn starts school Sept. 11 and less than a month after that I will be having this little babe. Super excited for that.
Remember my plans of painting the girls rooms and getting the nursery re-set up and all that good stuff? Well of course it was put on hold b/c we had a couple that came thru our home (which is for sale for those just joining me here!) and they LOVED it and had their home sold and all that good stuff. Now I did and do not get my hopes up and yet I would HATE to paint it if they want to buy it. So we are giving them 2 more weeks. Kyle goes away the end of Aug. and I hope to do a bunch either right before he leaves or while he is gone. We can't keep putting this off - I feel like this baby will be here before we know it and I have a LONG list of things I want to do. Mark my words by Sept. 15 our house is coming OFF the market until next spring if it is not sold! Do not let me slip on that one - seriously - LOL!
So, tell me what you did this weekend?! Did you do any fun summer activity? Check in folks - especially you lurkers! Hope you all have a great week!
Edited to add - guess what - still no pics this weekend - LOL! I did take it and just NEVER took it out - we were too busy making memories (and boy do we have a lot of good jokes about the weekend!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Sounds like a good time! I thought of you guys with the weather being not so great here (not rainy, just not all that warm)! Yea on the house stuff... hopeing all goes through for you, I'm sure you are so ready to be done with the whole For Sale stuff!
HOly MOly--you guys are busy!! I thought ny week was gonna be busy. LOL
It sounds like you guys had a great time! SO great girl!!
I can't believe B starts school alreardy on the 11th! Holy smokes!!! That crazy she's already at that age already for school. I think you said half days right?How fun though, she will love it!!
ANyway, have a great week!!!!
you had one busy crazy weekend!
we went to visit my inlaws one more time this summer before school and soccer starts. we had a good trip :)
Glad you had fun tubing. I don't know the plan either for Sat. Someone needs to decide and we should stick with it. See you Tues. night.
We are so in a fight!! No pics how could you!? But I don't have any either. Tubing was fun. And Adam has okayed the upgrade on a tube for me next year. LOL
HOlding off on the paint sounds like a bit of a pain. You're gonna have a lot to do in that last month. You better rest a little bit or you'll busy that baby right out! :)
Post a Comment