8.25.2007

Where did it go?

My scrapping mojo? Where did it run off to. I have two LO's half done and I cannot for the life of me finish them. Why do things like that happen when I have all the time in the world to scrap with no hubby around. And believe me - it is NOT for lack of GREAT supplies - I mean honestly - I have FABULOUS stuff to work with. I think that may be part of my problem - I am a bit intimidated by some of the great stuff I have. The other thing is, is that the two LO's require a fair amount of journaling - to tell a story so that is rough for me - I am not a good writer. So today (last day without hubby) I will make myself finish up those LO's so that I can move on to others!

Last night's girls night was great! I got NOTHING done, but it was so nice to hang out with some great girls and chat and laugh and have yummy food. The night always goes so quickly. I think around 12:30am we wrapped it up. So - the girls went to bed great last night and then NOT good in the middle of the night. I am not sure what is going on. I was so irate and crabby. It started around 3:15am when Braelyn came into my room. No big deal at that point. I figured I would let her sleep with me since I didn't really mind the company. Problem is she did not fall back asleep, therefore keeping me awake. I brought her back to her room after making her go potty. Just when I start falling back asleep I hear both girls crying. Ugh. Up I get again and calm them down - warning Braelyn not to wake Selah up when she is awake. Repeat that last step - I hear crying again when I njust start falling back to sleep. Braelyn is in the bathroom (which I am sure was just to pass time for her b/c I just had her go at 3:30am), and Selah is awake. Now it is 4:15am and Selah is chatting away - this carried on until at least 5:00am - when I stopped looking at the clock. So that is not the worst of it. I have a monitor in their room so this morning at 7:11am I hear Braelyn say "wake up Selah, Wake up". Now I am ready to lose it. I am the roll of mother and father and it is wearing on me - and to make matters worse now I am working on lack of sleep. I probably got 4 hours last night. Not enough for a crabby pregnant woman. So my morning started with a LONG time out for Braelyn and an early start. Selah is about ready to go back down for her morning nap and I am half tempted to put Braelyn down to. Problem is then I don't think she will take much of an afternoon nap. She is "grounded" from cartoons this morning too. I am probably being a bit harsh, but at minimum she could have just come out of the room and let Selah keep sleeping. So needless to say today and tonight the girls will NOT be sharing a room. They will sleep seperately for MY sanity. So I thought the sleeping together was going good, but I am getting ever more frustrated. We will see how it goes with Kyle back home I guess.

Today I have NOTHING planned. A load of laundry, some more cleaning here and there, and just hanging out. It is pretty wet and dreary out this morning yet and I am sure I will be taking a nap when the kids do. A good day for that I think. I spent too much money already this weekend so I figure I have to stay in b/c doing anything outside of the home will require money.

So there is my re-cap and my day plans. If anyone has an urge to scrap or finish a LO for me feel free to email me - LOL! J/K!

Have a great Sat.!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh no! Sounds like a rough night! Those little stinkers. They can GLADLY spend the night here tonight if you want a free night- we have nothing going on. The boys would love it. Give me a call. Looks like a rainy day for the park- but if it clears up, we can try. I am going to Sam's this a.m., but past that, we have nothing. Glad you and the gals had fun- wish I could have come. Have another when the guys are home so I"ll have a built-in sitter. :-) Call me for tonight- YOU NEED TO SLEEP!!!!

Lynette said...

Being pregnant you just don't sleep well anyway (at least I didn't), but add in two chatty/screaming girls I'm sure is terrible! Hopefully tonight is better, good luck!