9.16.2007

A New Week

As I started this post on Sunday night, I had no clue that Monday morning would bring a pre-labor scare. This morning I woke up with contractions that were 2-5 minutes apart for about 5 hours. They started at about 7:00am and Kyle had left for work. I figured they would let up, but then got to thinking that since he might be headed up to Ludington (2 hours away) I better call him and maybe see what to do. By 8:15 I called the before Dr. office hours phone line to see if the Dr on call wanted me to go in to hospital or wait for office hours. He said to call right at 9:00am for an appt. at office. So I got an appt. for 10:15am -meanwhile my mom had come to my house to sit with the girls while I beared thru some contractions. We also packed the girls stuff - at least we are all packed and ready when it is for real. At the Dr. I was told I was a 3 - so one more point dialated, and cervic was still not lined up. Not what I was expecting to hear. Kyle was with me by the way at this point - he turned around in Muskegon to come home. So, false alarm. I did continue to have contractions and they were the ones with the back pain - definitely different from what I had been having. I went to my mom's house then and laid with Braelyn for a while for her afternoon nap and then did a little scrapping (had my laptop packed for the hospital!). So - that was my day. We are about to have dinner here and then I am going to attempt BSF tonight - which will be VERY uncomfortable, so hopefully I make it thru the whole thing or at least half! I just popped tylenol so that should help a bit. Obviously missed work today and no work tomorrow b/c it is my normal day off, so I will go in Wed. if everything is still normal.

Here are a few of the things I worked on this week. The T-shirts are all done and ready for the girls. We got the girls final things hung in their room (I will take a picture of the name letters I did for Selah - they turned out great!!!) I also have the baby's scrapbook album half filled with pre-baby LO's and the visitor signing page, so I feel like I accomplished a lot!






Credits for LO found in my gallery link on upper right!

Hope you all did not have quite as an eventful day as I! We'll keep you posted from here on out!


5 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh wow! It is still a little too early for that babe to be born yet. Hang in there! Cute, cute shirts for the girls!

Nina_VK said...

Woooo Momma!!! I am getting so excited!!! She will be here soon enough. I am praying for Friday late afternoon. tee hee

Hang in there chica, let me know if you need anything!!

Those shirts turned out CUUUTE BTW!!!!!!!!!

Shawn said...

Hope your Tuesday is going much better than yesterday. The shirts turned out awesome. I didn't think they could possibly be cuter than the last ones but I think you outdid yourself. I'll be prayin for ya today.

Love ya

Bethany said...

Wow, Manda! The false alarm really means anytime now, doesn't it! :) I'm glad everything worked out okay.
The shirts are absolutely adorable!I hope you have a great day off!

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear that it was just a false alarm. It just seems way too early yet. Trust me when I say that 36-37 week babies have their own issues that make life more stressful. Just remember that right now that babe is safe and sound in your womb.

Those shirts are so very cute & creative!