9.19.2007

Shitty Day (excuse the language - this post might be full of it)

I am about to BLOW. I just got done cleaning up a crib, floor, and kid FULL of POOP. She has now heard EVERY swear word on the face of this earth. If you are the perfect mother that has NEVER done this then read no further and just ignore the whole post - as if you never even checked it once. I am tearing as I write this. Not because I am sorry for how I acted, but because I am so MAD. I cannot handle one more thing this week. I am mean to my kids and I can't handle the way they are acting. Who freaking never warned me that I would have to SCRUB shit off of a nearly two year old who has eaten it and smeared it all over EVERYTHING. This is not what I signed up for folks. Yesterday I was in tears and today again in tears. I recover so quickly which I guess is good, but I am just plain sick of it. It's not like I don't get breaks - I do. My husband is good about helping too - GREAT in fact. He wants more kids - I really just think God is saying I need to be done. I am just not cut out for this. Braelyn is now up and looking at me and wondering why I am crying. She is turning on the TV - which she can't go for more than an hour without. ARGH. What's a mother to do. Anyway - I shouldn't even post this b/c I know it will be fine in an hour and I will take everything back. And of course I will get some ridicule from mothers who have NEVER had a child poop all over in their crib and say "You should have handled it differently", but oh well. OK - rant done.


On a lighter note - here is one more LO to share that is being added to the new babies book.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Love your genuiness girl! :)

Bethany said...

Oh, do I know!!! You will get NO flack from me...I'd be cussing, crying and venting too! In fact I believe I did all of those a couple of months ago when we had a poop incident...and a mascara incident...and a baby powder incident. Hopefully you are feeling better now...sending hugs!

S Huiz said...

Oh my goodness! You crack me up! I guess I can only laugh because it wasn't happening to me. You are better than I am- I will NOT touch poop incidents. They are totally Ryan's department. I do not even know where to begin when stuff like that happens. I am sorry you had to deal with that- not fun! Love the LO though- adorable!!!!

TheCatLord said...

lol been there done that. not to lessen the validity of your feelings, just letting you know that you are not alone and never will be!

madfam said...

No flack from me. Been there, done that. And sometimes I feel like I feel that way a little too often.

Amy Kleinheksel said...

We have all had many many days like this...we take alot of deep breathes as moms and say alot of words that we probably shouldn't as well but the heat of the moment that's all we can do. You are dealing with alot right now so trust in God that it will to get better!! Your a great mom just remember that!
Amy

Melissa said...

i don't think there is a mom on this planet that has not felt the EXACT same way. that exact same thing happened 2 months ago to me. i came upstairs to zoe rubbing her little poopy hands together. totally gross. totally one of those moments you don't want to be a mom. i understand.

Anonymous said...

I still think you're pretty amazing. I know you deal with far more than I would ever have the patience to handle. Hang in there and know that there's someone who would love to give you a little break and help with the girls.

Kari said...

you are sooo not alone! :)

Nina_VK said...

OH girl, I had a feeling in my gut today just telling me to check to see how you were doing--that's why I sent you e-mail. I can feel your pain in this post!! I know you probably recovered already, but I just want you to know you are a great MOM, and these feelings are something almost all moms share.
LOVE YA!

Bethany said...

Me again...totally thought of you tonight when I was dumping bleach into the tub then scrubbing the tub and all the toys with a Magic Eraser and hot bleach-water. Thanks to Henry who decided it would be FUNNY to poop during bath time and then laugh! Oh, yes, I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

No flack from me! I'm sure I'll be there soon enough. You are a great mom. I get after P all the time & yell quiet frequently lately. We all do it at times. You are still great in my eyes. Rock on sister!