9.06.2007

So many good challenges out there....

I mean - I can hardly keep up. The thing is I LOVE them! I usually need a good challenge to get my scrapping mojo up there. Once I get going it's a breeze, but the push of a challenge helps! The incentive of possibly winning something always helps! The Lilypad challenge this week has so few entries that your chance of winning is like one in one (at least there is only one comment on the post and I think it is a requirement to link up your LO in the comment section of blog after uploading LO) So play along - just use something bright and colorful in the LO, arrange some things in rainbow color order and use some Lilypad product - which I am sure you all have!

I am working on a LO for this challenge also. I hope to finish it up tonight - after our busy activities! Can't wait to show you - I like it so far. In fact - it actually is a LO that combines BOTH challenges. I am kind of killing three birds with one stone you could say. Two challenges and it is a LO of Lilypad goodies so that works for my team requirements!!! Just some good stuff out there!

And lastly I am contemplating taking this challenge. My reservation is in the fact that you need to do a LO a month between (official rules) Sept. 19 and Oct. 30th. which I think means about 6 LO's. Problem with that is that I will be having the baby in between there. Yikes - do you think it will be too hard to keep up with three kids (one being a nursing baby) and do the challenge. Either way I will be buying the kit b/c it looks awesome and is done by a TON of great designers. So help me decide if I should just buy the kit or if I should buy the kit and enroll in the challenge. The prizes are awesome - for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - not that I would even win, but at least it is incentive. Ugh - what's a girl to do?

So tonight we have my niece Isa's b-day - that is at 6:00 and thenat 7:00 Kyle and I have to skip out for a parent meeting at Braelyn's Three-School. Hopefully that takes an hour or less - don't want to miss out on too much of the party! This weekend will be pretty laid back - no real plans tomorrow night (although Kyle has mentioned the fireworks downtown G.R. for Celebration on the Grand) and then Sat. we are going to go pick the first honeycrisp apples at Crane's Orchard. It is a ZOO there on the first weekend of these apples, but I am willing to brve it! The girls will love it! Plus I think we will do lunch there in their restaurant - make a day out of it! At night we will be going to a derby that my brother-in-law is in - girls have never really been to one of those I don't think - so hopefully they like it. Sunday is church and I don't think either of my sets of parents are doing sunday lunch so maybe just home at a decent time.

I am totally getting the whole anxiety thing starting with this pregnancy now in these last few weeks. I keep thinking something is happening and keep thinking I will go early, and yet I wonder what I will do if I don't and if I will want to be induced if that is offered closer to due date. I had two totally different labor onsets so I wonder if this one will be comepletely different too. I am sure all of you mom's out there remember these feelings. It is so exciting - really. The unknown. I am ready to be done being pregnant and yet I totally enjoy it. I have slight fears that this might be the last and I can't imagine never having the feeling of a moving baby inside of me. It is so amazing to me. I can sit and just watch my stomach move. I can feel the feet on my stomach - it is WILD. This little girl as I have mentioned before really makes herself known. So anyway - next Wed. I have my 36 week check so i should know more then! At least they will tell me if ANYTHING is happening down there. I feel like it is, but I also keep telling myself - "don't get your hopes up". In reality it would be nice to make it past the weekend of the 21st - because that weekend is full of adult nights out - our last real weekend I figure of dates like that for a while. (it includes a dinner banquet on the 20th for a local non-profit, small group at our house on the 21st, and then a Professional Bull show on the 22nd) So I do hope to make it until then - which I am sure won't be a problem! It is just fun sometimes to sit and wonder though!

Time to sign out. Thanks for listening to me blab (although I would blab on here even if no one was listening - LOL), and don't forget to take a challenge this week if you digi-scrap!

MandaKay

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Do it, do it, do it! Do the Stand Up and Scrap Challenge! I decided to do it - why the heck not? Plus, the kit is GORGEOUS! I love everything in it! :)

Have fun at Braelyn's school meeting...so cute that she's going to school. :)

S Huiz said...

Have fun with all your activities- surely with all that going on you're bound to bring on labor! Can't wait to meet her! (Camden? Delilah? Beatrice?) :-)

Lynette said...

If your going to buy the kit you might as well do it! If you don't make it not a big deal (I didn't read the rules though so I could be totally wrong!) I love doing challenges too, definately gives me inspiration, and if you can do more than one in one layout even better! Unfortunatley my computer died... so it may be a while (don't really want to put all my stuff on this comp)! Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

you guys are too funny. plans right up to the end. i think sarah is right, you may just bring your labor on yourself. LOL
oh, do the challenge you know you want to. That nursing baby won't slow you down! :) Besides you're good at it & you enjoy it.

TheCatLord said...

they sure do grow up fast, don't they?
apple picking sounds like fun!