9.13.2008

Good weekend...Despite all the Rain!

It is raining buckets today here! It's coming STRAIGHT down and it's keeping us inside today!!! I LOVE it! Kyle doesn't love it so much because he really wanted to put on our deck stairs today, but I am sure he is finding plenty to keep busy with inside the house! It's a perfect night to go to Crazy Bounce! Selah gets a little big girl party at Crazy Bounce because she is fully potty trained! It'll tire the girls right out too - lots of fun!

The weekend started off great yesterday! Braelyn had school - her first real full day and she did GREAT! While she was in school I had a Bible Study with friends! We are going to do this every Fri. morning and we are studying the book Captivating, along with the study guide! I am really looking forward this that time, and the study! While the kids napped I met with our decorator and finalized some colors and fabrics and stuff! I think we have most everything picked out!!! I just can't stress how excited I am to see it all come together - that part is so much fun! Kyle came home after work and we had a steak dinner here at home and just hung out. It was so nice to have him home and to have him spend some quality time with the kids and I! My parents then told us to get out of the house after the kids are sleeping and to go on a real date! So at 9:45 we left to go out! I haven't LEFT at that time of night to go out in so long! I felt like we were 21 again! Thurs. night we got to go out too - we left after kiddos were in bed and stopped at the house and then did our grocery shopping - we were gone that night until 11:00pm and last night we strolled in around 12:00am! We just sat at a the Curragh downtown Holland. Had a few drinks and some great conversation!!! It was so good to do that! I can't thank my parents enough for letting us get out while the kiddos sleep! I try not to have them watch the kids too often when they are awake, other than my mom's Mondays that she does while I work, so the fact that they don't mind us leaving when the kids leave is great! I am getting spoiled!!!

Tomorrow is our church potluck to kick off the start of the fall programs! Kyle and I have had the pleasure of starting up a new group at our church with our new pastor and a couple other couples, called FUSION. It is a marriage and family ministry! Our church really has NOTHING in this area, so I think it will be a great resource for people! Our new pastor will be leading a new sunday school class on sunday's while our kiddos are in Sunday School themselves. Kyle and I are in charge of Fusion Events, which will mean we get to organize a bunch of fun events for the group! On the 28th we are going apple picking after church with any families that want to come, and in Oct. we are going to have a Road Rally for couples. Sounds like a ton of fun!!! So we are excited about getting more involved in church and specifically in this great ministry!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Bounce sounds like fun - great reward! It's nice when the guys are home :) You're group for church sounds interesting. Good for you guys getting involved - especially with the 3 kiddos at home. Sounds like you may be busy - but very rewarding. Cool! I didn't realize your church had another pastor. He must be good. Maybe we'll see you Wednesday. Yay! for date nightS!!!!

Sarah said...

Hope to see you Wed. at the park! Can't wait to see your house after it comes together too- I'm sure it will be gorgeous!