I feel like I need to document some of the things that the girls are going thru right now - I have not been keeping up to date on their "facts" type layouts/scrap pages, and I know I will forget some of this stuff if I don't just get it down in writing!
Gracyn:
She will be one year old this month - the 30th!!! I cannot even believe it! She is no longer a baby! Officially I am out of baby stage. Soon to be a walker. She can stand up from a sit all on her own - without holding on to anything! She has 4 teeth to chew on adult like food. You give her any type of baby food anymore and she pitches a fit! Oh - that reminds me - she is very into pitching fits lately. I thought kids didn't do that until they were two. I am talking about throwing herself into the floor screaming. Yes - don't worry - I ignore that behavior and don't give into her every need! Gracyn is into talking already. A few of her words:
*Ma Ma
*Da Da
*ball
*Bubba (which is my parents horse)
*Rashka (which is my parents dog)
*Uh Oh (my all time favorite - she says it so cute!)
*dog (sounds more like daw)
Selah:
POTTY TRAINED!!! Yes!!! I am back down to one kid in diapers!!! Have I mentioned that she is so dang cute? She is just my child that can rub ya wrong, but in a cute as ever way! She pushes my buttons more than Braelyn ever has tried, but she gives her little stinker face and it is hard to stay angry - LOL! It does not seem like Braelyn should be 2 only to me. For some reason I view her as older. She will be three in January.
Braelyn:
My love-a-love! Sweet Braelyn. She is so revved up for preschool this year and knows her teacher's name! She's ready. She can now write almost all the letters in her name, but can't write them all out in the right order. I hope at preschool they work with her a little on that b/c I know quite a few of the kids in her threeschool class could write their names already last year. Admittedly I probably don't spend as much time as I should with her doing practice. Still taking an afternoon naps and most definitely needs it. Most the time lately it is taken on the couch though - not in her bed really anymore. Favorite color - pink. Favorite song - Best of Both Worlds by Hanna Montana. Favorite food - Sunday morning cinnamon rolls. Favorite movie - Alvin & the Chipmunks. Favorite book - Sam I Am. Favorite toy - hmmm...I might have to ask her this one!
So there ya have it - the update on my three girls! Can't get over how cute they are lately! So fun watching them grow up and interact together!
Kyle and I - well not much to update on here. We are still very much in love, but our time together lately has been minimal to say the least. When we are together it seems as though there are always other with us. Can't tell you the last time we had dinner with just us two. We are either with the kids, with our family (parents and in-laws), or with friends. I told Kyle last night when we climbed into bed at 11:30 after getting home from working on the house vacuuming drywall dust, that I can't wait to move into OUR home and have just our family there. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE the time we are getting to spend with our families lately, with vacations and dinners and all, but I totally cherish the alone time too - just us as a family. I know have my own family and I want to take ownership of them! :) Plus Kyle and my conversations lately all revolve around house stuff. There are so many moments when I think "oh - I can't forget to talk to Kyle about this conversation or that meeting he had" and I either forget or we just have enough time to talk about what we have to have on order next for the next step of the house! Love my man though and he is working SOOOO hard lately! He is such a provider and has such a work ethic. I admire that so much in him!
Our house:
drywall is done! Trimming has officially started. Our cupboards are sitting in the kitchen ready to be put up! Today we finalized paint colors and picked out our flooring! I told Kyle tonight that I just can't wait to see how it all comes together - it can be so stressful picking all this stuff out. I would say we are going with the cottagey style or beachy cottage feel. All very warm soft colors. Browns and greenish blues. Our bedroom is a bit more modern, with the brighter green and darker brown, but most of the house will be lighter and softer! Again - I pick a totally different style than our last two previous houses!
OK - I've bored you all again - if you've stuck thru all this - bless your heart! As always - I have two LO's to show off!

My niece Ainsley - template by Janet Phillips and kit is by Shabby Princess - Gabby kit

Mostly the Sept BYOC at The-Lilypad. Me and my girls - huskin' corn! Love my summer sweet corn!

Free quickpage by Dani Mogstad - beach photos from our vacation last month!

The-Lilypad goodies, template by Two Sisters Design. Me and Kyle at a Tigers game in July.
That's it folks - I'm off to bed now! Kyle is fishing in the morning (he deserves it!) and then working from noon to 3:00 or so at the house. We have a wedding tomorrow late afternoon for his co-worker. Not sure what I will do with the girls in the morning - I should hit one of my nephews games if I get out with the three kids again!



3 comments:
Erick just got into fishing this year. His first trip out and he got an 18 pound rare (for the pacific) bluefin tuna. See, even our husbands would get along! I hope you and Kyle get a dinner out together soon. Its so hard to find the time when life is normal, I'm sure its near impossible with the housing situation right now!
I so get what you're saying about Selah! LOL! She and Kyla are very similar I think. WTG on the potty-training! Phew! Just one to go!! I can't believe Gracyn is almost one!! Don't worry about Braelyn spelling her name. The double-vowels always confuse kids at first but one day it'll just click. Right now, McKenna's teacher is teaching the kids to write their names "the kindergarten way" which is one capital and the rest lower-case. I gotta talk to her about that because McKenna's is an exception! LOL!
So glad your kids are in a cute stage right now. Mine are in a cranky stage. Let's trade.
Very cute LO's. I love that picture of you and Kyle at the Tigers game. Yay for Selah!!!! I knew she was super close if not already potty-trained since she did so great with it at Emerald Isle. And I'm sure it won't be long before Gracyn is saying, "Get the $@#& away Uncle Ryan!!!!!!" haha
I had to laugh when I just read your comment that you were done at the wedding by 8:00- gotta love that!
What a lovely post, I must start doing this for my kids, I know just what you mean about time going too quickly and then you forget their funny little quirks! Sounds like you have a gorgeous family :)
I finally answered your tag btw!
Post a Comment