8.07.2009

Diet & Exercising, and BYOC

I got a package in the mail yesterday from Vic. Secrets. I had ordered a new bikini for our vacation and also a new cover up. Is it bad I like the cover-up the best?! :) Why as women do we NEVER like the look of ourselves in swimsuits? Such a curse. The thighs are too big, the stomach not flat enough, the love handles ever slightly showing. Ugh. Really though, I’m generally pretty confident in my own skin. I am lucky enough to never really had a struggle with my weight, but I am really feeling it lately. Is it because I am in that doomed “almost 30” age?! Is that really true? I will say I have worked out more this year than ANY other year of my life, and hopefully that has made me healthier as well! Today I woke up and worked out for about 45 minutes. I had whole wheat toast for breakfast, a Russ’ salad for lunch (meaning I actually chose Russ’ over McDonald’s – that is a rarity!), and an egg for dinner. The only “filler food” I had today was popcorn with the girls tonight during movie night! I have been drinking all only water too – and trying to drink lots of it! Anyway – enough about all the diet and exercise talk – pretty boring really, but I am trying to keep myself accountable!

BYOC release today! (Build. Your. Own Collaboration.) I love Friday’s at the Lilypad, but the first Friday of each month is the best! All of the designers make packs that all coordinate together, and then the customers can pick and choose which packs they would use or not use. If you are me though, every month I like each and every pack that the designers put out! This month is no exception! Here are the two LO’s I created with the goodies:

Hike

Playing-School

And Shabby Miss Jenn has new goodies out as well! Trailer Park is a new kit of hers and I got to create a LO of our camping fun this summer:

Camping-09

Jenn also has some great freebies available on her site as well!

Well, it looks like we are going to have a kind of rainy weekend here, so I don’t think we will be doing a whole lot. I am still thinking that I want to paint one of Selah’s walls an accent color, so maybe I will get that that tomorrow! My garden is going to love this rain though, so I am thankful for that. We have a community garden in our neighborhood and so we do have a little walk to get to it, and watering it is NOT an easy or quick task, so rain is good! My beans were looking like they needed some good rain! Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

*Christie* said...

I love the "hike" layout and totally want to scraplift! :) If I do I'll send you a link. Also love the bottom LO as I've been wanting to see some made with the trailer park kit - i think it's just so cute!

Excellent job with the workouts!! It sounds like you might not be eating ENOUGH though! I know that is weird to hear but it can be true a lot of times!
You might wanna check out this book Intuitive Eating, it totally changed my life as far as how I look at food, exercise and dieting. Now, I'm a large girl with no hope of ever wearing a bikini... but this book is for everyone! (no i have no affiliation with them i just think it would make ANY woman's 'ah ha!' light bulb go off in their head!) it made me such a happier person and totally stopped me from nitpicking on the things i don't like about my body.

*Christie* said...

Also can I ask, where is the alpha from that you used for "hike"? I checked out the BYOC section but I can't seem to find it.