5.13.2007

Mother's Day Weekend and a LO!

Good morning everyone! I hope all you mother's out there had a great Mother's Day. We had a very busy day here! Church in morning then on to my Mom's for lunch until about 3:45pm, home to put kiddos down for a quick nap and then at 6:00pm off to my hubby's mom! Home finally at 9:00pm! Braelyn made me an adorable card and picture frame with a picture of her in it at Sunday School - almost made me cry! So sweet! Her Sunday School program is so awesome and she just LOVES going now! So sad that it is done next week. Kyle and Braelyn brought home flowers on Sat. morning which was nice b/c we had a house showing and it is always nice to have fresh flowers out! They got me a nice card too.


Sat. afternoon we went to the big parade in town! It is a 2.5 mile long parade with like 50 bands and a couple big balloon things, horses, all kinds of good stuff. It was two hours long!!! The girls did great and we got our last fix of junk food. Carmel apple, carmel corn and cotton candy! MMMM... Glad this is only once a year! LOL. Fri. night we just spent cleaning up and getting the house ready and we did have a little bonfire out back behind the house - Braelyn and Kyle LOVE those! That was our weekend in a nutshell! Fun stuff.


My one wish for Mother's day was just some good 'ole scrapping time. I got one hour last night and still got grief for it. My hubby does not like me being on the computer. I don't really get it b/c we can both be sitting on the couch next to eachother and he still HATES it. He thinks I put scrapping before him, which is NOT the case. I try to be sympethetic to his feeling and do not do it at night if I can tell he doesn't want me to. I try to do it at nap times, but if he knows I was doing it then I can tell he thinks I am lazy. I can't win. I wish he could understand that it is something I love to do and that it is stress relief for me. I could understand if he wanted to like cuddle with me on the couch or something like that - I would for sure take that - give me the loving over scrapping anyday! Not the case. Can't think of the last time we just cuddled. We need to work on that I guess. It is so easy to slip into just plain comfort mode. Going about our normal days activities just being husband and wife and parents! I will get my scrap time this weekend though. He leaves Wed. afternoon with the guys to work on deer blind stuff while the weather is nice (just an excuse to go up and play I think ;) ). So he will be gone until Sun. afternoon and I will stay up every night I am sure just scrapping away! I have a lot of stuff to do and work on! BTW - I no longer give him crap about hunting or make him feel guilty for doing something he loves - shouldn't that count for something?



Here is the LO I finished up in my hour last night. This was done as the sketch challenge for May over at The Digi Shoppe. I love how it turned out - it had been awhile since I had played with some of Jen Wilson's papers - man are they great or what?! And can't beat these adorable pictures we got of my girlies at Avalanche Bay when we went there a couple weekends ago with our little 4 person family. Too bad we didn't get any pics of us as a family- they had a great lobby/fireplace!




























Credits Here for this LO!

The verse on the LO is from Proverbs in the bible and it is in the scriptual word art pack by Audrey neal at The-Lilypad, it is about training a child in the way he should go and in the end he will not depart from it. Oh how I pray this proverb every day! And one of the ways I try to train my girls everyday is about loving eachother. I tell them everyday that they are eachother's best friend. Having 3 others sisters (and now great sisters-in law) I realize that life will bring trials and it will not always be easy to love eachother, but it is so important. And life will throw curves at ya and I know it will to my daughters. They will not be above these trials. In fact I will try to embrace the trials in their days b/c I pray that it will expand their faith in ways I cannot comprehend. I pray they never lose their love though. Love will look different at times and that is okay too - I think that is important for them to know too. I think they dynamic of sisters is amazing. I am coming to peace with the fact that if I have another girl here in a couple months that it's all good b/c there is something about sisters. My biggest fear though with girls is the "girl" issues - like girl catfights and stuff. It will happen I guess no matter what - that is the girl dynamic I am talking about! Anyway - there is the synopsis of my LO - what I was feeling while scrapping it! My life experiences lately compelled my to do a LO on this and these pictures were just what I needed! It came together so easily!

Thanks for listening gals - have a great day - Gotta get back to work!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures! I love the LO.

The Bennett Bunch said...

Oh that LO is gorgeous!! Sounds like you had a great mother's day. Sorry hubby doesn't understand the scrapping. Most don't though.

Christine said...

LOVE the layout!!
Men!!! ARGHH!! hehe

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad you had a great Mother's Day sweetie! :) I loove how you do your oldest's piggies! :) I do Chayce's like that all the time! :)

Lynette said...

I totally understand the dh getting mad, we argued last week! In his defense I am on the computer a lot, but always make time for him and the kiddos! But like you I dont say anything when he wants to fish!!!! How did your showing go? I'll see you tonight I'm sure!

Bethany said...

Guys just don't get it! Colin would rather wasn't on the computer at night either, but I'm just not into sitting on the couch watching tv...ugh! Enjoy your HOURS of scrapping later this week! :) When's your ultrasound??? Soon, right?

S Huiz said...

I am glad you are my sister-in-law because I have no sisters! I always longed for one, and now I have 3 great SIL's. See you tonight!

Kirstie said...

great LO, I have 2 girls and they are driving me nuts at the moment with their little fights over toys!!

Nina_VK said...

Such a cute LO girl!! What a great Proverb too!!

I am so greatful to have such WONDERFUL SIL's FOR SURE!!
mwah
Have a great week girl!

Janet said...

Oh sweetie...I will really pray that he can "get it." I would simply go insane if I couldn't scrap (and probably why I am much happier now than I have been my whole life -- finally found a creative outlet). It is just hard to explain to people why you "need" to scrap and that it is more than a hobby. Hope you get TONS of quiet time this weekend! P.S. It's set, we'll be in the GR area June 14-18 give or take a day. We're flexible!