8.19.2007

Accomplishment!!!

First off - thank you all again for your support and words of encouragement after my last post. Amazingly since then I have felt much better again - so I think just journaling it helped! Sorry you all had to be my sounding board.



So we have accomplished our task for the weekend! Here is a picture of Braelyn and Selah's new room. The room got extremely small once we had the bunk bed set up, but it works nonetheless. I love how the two colors turned out. One is called Mellow Coral and the other is Iris Pink (which is really a light purple). My brother in law Brian came and helped me as did my sister-in-law Nina - super nice of both of them! Kyle pretty much just tried to keep the kids out of our way. We had the room done by about 1:00 and then it was CLEAN UP time. There was a ton of cleaning to be done so we put the kids to bed and went at it. I cleaned my wood floors too which is nice to have done - but man is it a TON of work!

This is the room - I tried to get a shot with both walls - the coral wall is the only wall we did that color - all other walls are the purple. We still have some stuff to hang yet - but mainly done! Notice the crib in the bottom bunk part - that is Selah's bed - poor girl. Should only be for a few months, then we will get her a mattress and she will be more comfy - I just can't move a 19 month old over to a big bed yet. We had gotten this double bunkbed for Braelyn's big girl bed, knowing one day her and Selah would share a room. Didn't anticipate it this early, but it's kind of fun. I hope they sleep well - it's probably good that they can't see eachother - they can talk, but that will get boring with not being able to actually make eye to eye contact. The double bed (mainly letting Kimmy know) is from Kidz Roomz - over on Alpine in G.R. - it was only like $900 and it is two double size beds - so more bang for your buck - they had it in different colors but we got black. You do not need to set it up as bunks either - so some day they will each have their own double size bed - for life!!! The quality is VERY good according to Kyle (who should know seeing he is a builder). It was not fun to put it all together, but we did it all today while the kids napped.



Here is Braelyn already up there playing on it. She seems excited to have an actual room - like a decorated room with a bunk. Selah didn't seem too impressed - although she did like being up on the bunk - but we will discourage that!




Close up of "B" playing up on her bed - with her "Barrel of Monkeys" - do you all remember those??? Great stuff. Her bedding is all different colors, but I picked the coral (which is the color of her sheets) and the purple (the color of her blanket).

And now the nursery is now set up as the nursery again. I actually feel more ready now - more excited. I even have the diaper stacker filled with new little baby diapers - so tiny and cute!



So our weekend was good - Saturday night, after a long days work, Kyle's mom offered to have our kids for the evening while we went out. I can't tell you how awesome it was for her to call us and ask us if she can have them - usually it is the other way around and then you feel guilty for asking. It was so needed for us at that point and it was a great night out. We went to Beltline Bar in Grand Rapids b/c we had never been there before and Kyle wanted to try it. It is a mexican cafe - we each had a wet burrito - very good. We even finished off dinner with a big bowl of Mexican Fried ice cream - YUMMO!!! We NEVER get dessert at dinner time so it was a true treat. We had great conversation and talked about a lot of things that we just haven't had time to talk about. I love going out with other people, but there is something great about just going out together - us two - best friends. Afterwards we went to Gander Mountain - which is a hunting/fishing store for those not from Michigan - I think there are a couple of them in Michigan. Kyle needed a tackle box for his "spoon" lures???!!! All in all a great night.



Sunday - just church, a great lunch at Mom's, and then naps and room arranging. Little more cleaning, dinner, and then movie night for me and Kyle. Flags of our Father is what we watched. I fell asleep - which tells you a little right there. I generally like war movies, but this one didn't hold my interest. Although it is a good story about the picture of the men raising the flag at Iwo Jima.



Work today and a pretty normal standard week this week. I think Tue night if it is not raining we will head out to the fair in the next town - about 15 minutes away. It is kids day and we can get 5 free tickets for rides per kid b/c of the book program they went thru at our library.

Hope you all have a good start to your week!


























































5 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, the room looks great! So cute! Where did you get Braelyn's bedding? Love the crib in there. :)

S Huiz said...

Love the colors- especially the coral one- very unique! Glad you had a nice Saturday night out. I am sure that helped with your mood. Got plans while hubby is out of town this week? We should get together.

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear that your spirits are back up - I'm sure it helped to get some stuff accomplished.

That room is adorable. I love it! Surprise, surprise you have 3 purple walls. :) Thanks for the bunk bed tip. I've seen their ads and thought I should go check it out. That seems so expensive, but I am sure it is much less expensive than if I had one made at work here. And I'd rather spend more money for quality than go cheap and have to buy new ones after a few years.

TheCatLord said...

the room looks great! i love those colors! and what a nice bed too! i have never seen a double bunk before!
how dies miss b get in and out of bed? i noticed the ladder against the all where the window is.

Lynette said...

Love the room, very pretty! Those beds are great! I'm sure it feels so good to have that all done and baby's room all ready to go! Did you have two cribs to begin with?

Gald you are feeling better, I'm guessing the venting, getting things done, and going out without kids all helped! Hopefully you continue to feel better!