8.07.2007

First Kid Dentist Experience

So today was Braelyn's big dentist appointment. First one! She did AWESOME to say the least. I think she did better than what I do at mine - LOL! Selah too did well for being a tag-alonger! I must RAVE about this dentist office. It is a pediatric dentist office, so right there I knew it was geared towards kids. The waiting room was fabulous with a train on a track by ceiling going around the whole office, and some good toys. The wait was SUPER short. By time I filled out the appropriate paper work they called Braelyn back! The office is set up as a pretty much open office. They had a few "rooms" sectioned off more (I think for kids that might be more apt to cry and for procedures), and so Braelyn could watch other kids getting examined and checked! They had a great fish tank in this area too and more toys. I could sit right by Braelyn and Selah and I watched. Selah was just intrigued. The hygenist did all her stuff with Braelyn and Braelyn was great - she listened and answered questions and just sat as good as gold. We waited a few minutes for the dentist - which is whatever dentist is available. The dentist just kind of rotate around the open area. The dentist we got was great - a middle aged man who was very friendly and informative. I am sure it helps that we didn't have to have x-rays or anything like that - it was just a routine first visit, but it went WAY better than expected. I would HIGHLY recommend the office - if you are in the area and want the name of it just let me know. My sister Tammy recommended it to me. I also had such great plans in my head to get pictures of the whole event and "shocker" I forgot my camera. ARGH. They would have been such cute photos. Next time for sure. She will go again in 6 months.

After the dentist we headed to the library to bring back books and to turn in the girls last paperwork for the summer reading program. They each finished it! Braelyn read 70 books and Selah 50! For their last prize they each got to pick a new book. Braelyn picked a "build a bear" book and Selah picked a little book with a CD. We picked up cookies from the bakery and the kids started to lose it. So did mom. Selah still NEEDS a morning nap and due to the dentist and running we skipped it. BAD thing. She was a wreck. It is HUMID today - 89% I hear. So a preggo woman hauling around 2 kiddos in humidity was probably not a great idea to begin with. Anyway - we made it home, kids played, I did bills/balancing, and then we did lunch by 11:45 and Selah got chucked in bed by 12:15. She is chatting away right now, so I will go in and get her soon. I layed in bed with Braelyn for about a half hour - that was nice too!

Last night I tried to mow our yard b/c Kyle was working over time (16 hrs. in one day). I got the two rows all around the outside with the push mower (b/c I don't really trust myself on the rider), and as I came around the front of the house my neighbor guy was standing there crossing his arms and giving me a scowling look. I stopped and he said I should not be doing that and that he would jump on our rider and finish it up for me. I told him i didn't mind - all the while in my head thinking - wow - that would be nice. So he would not take no for an answer and he burned out the rest of the yard for me. I did give him a couple zuchini and a cantaloupe fresh from our garden. That was very kind of him. Kyle was very happy b/c of his busyness at work and fearing the thought of not having it done - LOL! Fear no more my sweet hardworking hubby!

And with that I am off to get Selah. Braelyn just woke up too! Have a good one!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

mary goes to the same dentist. we love it there! both dentists are super nice and i heard they are adding another one too. mary is due for her next cleaning.

i cannot believe you super woman! trying to mow the law at what, 7 months pregnant! you are crazy, but sweet! :)

have a good one!
mel :)

Kimberly said...

I might have to get that dentist office name. Dan's sister, Patsy, is a hygenist so it was nice to have her clean Kylie's teeth for the first time, but I know she will need to see a dentist soon too. You are crazy for doing those things with two kiddos and while prego. And mowing the lawn? How nice it was for your neighbor to do that for you! See you tomorrow night!

Nina_VK said...

SO cool that B did so well at the dentist office! T told me about that place too. I'll be sure to check it out for Eva some day. Thanks for the info. :)

K, yep..totally with everyone one else...mowing the lawn, not even with a rider, while your preggo in this crazy hot weather is a little crazy. LOL :) That was nice of your neighbor though and I bet Kyle was super excited about that. Now it's done and you won't have to worry about it for a couple days. :)
Anyway, have a great day girl!

Lynette said...

Mowing the lawn with a push mower without humidity is crazy, much less prego and HUMID! Definately nice of your neighbor to help out! Glad the dentist appt went well! Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even read this before going out tonight. Had fun at dinner- email me the pics if you ever get any from either camera. Thinking about Sat. makes me tired already- I couldn't imagine thinking about it being that pregnant in this heat!!! Glad B did well at the dentist. We tried that one for Cobe's first visit and he HATED it. He has begged me several times to never take him back there. He loves the one he goes to now, so it must have been those open rooms. I don't think he liked seeing everyone else. I have heard all good things from everyone else about that office, so my kid must just be weird! We saw Dr. Sterken that visit and Cobe bit his finger, so I doubt he'd want us back there anyway. Haha Rest up for our big day! :-)