So, Monday I had seen on numerous forums out there the questions about 8 x 8 scrapbooks. One of the forums was a question by
Lynette. She was looking for a good 8 x 8. It got me thinking - I should tell people what I like to do for my scrapbooks. I buy
these albums in 8 x 8 for my girls main albums. Then to dress them up I wrap a ribbon of choice around the cover and tie in the front. I also attach these little
metal self-adhesive letters for the monogram. This personalizes the book and keeps it nice and classy I think. These albums are only $14.99 too - which I think is a pretty good page. I guess by time I doll them up I have $20 into them. Still not bad. I have never been into the opening on the front for a picture personally so when I found these books I went with them. They work great for me. Braelyn is on her second and Selah still on first book. The girls have other albums too (like the
Baby Daze Album), and also our family album - which leads me to the second forum question. There was a gal looking for an 8 x 8 three ring bound album. I happen to have a two ring bound album in 8 x 8 that I thought she might be interested in. It has a family theme on the outside. It is made by
Leisure Arts and it is called the Memories in the Making collection. I cannot find it online though unfortunately. For those that are local I buy them at our LSS in Jenison - Pages in Time. They have such an array of books! Here are a few pictures of my albums just for those who want to see what my LO's go into. I currently have 50+ LO's to print - I am waiting for another sale thru ScrapbookPictures. Last time they had a .99 8 x 8 printed LO deal I think I had like 100+ printed. I need one of those sales again b/c I have found that they are the best at printing my LO's!

(BTW - I just bought the next babies album b/c I do up a page for visitors to sign right at the hospital, and I even picked out the initials that I think we will go with!!! How daring is that?! It's almost like my mind is made up!!!)


So tonight I am doing family salon night and then tomorrow morning we leave bright and early to head down to Indiana for Shipshewana - a flea market! I love going once a summer at least. I hope tomorrow is not sweltering hot or it might be a quick shopping day. I will be packing lots of water and ice cold wash clothes! I am going with the two girls and my mom!
Talk at you later folks!
MandaKay
6 comments:
Wow what beautiful books you made Mandy! Gorgeous!!!!!!
Thanks Amanda... I really do need to go check those out! Love how you embelished them to make then your own! I'll have to wait though, I spent way to much in MI City, we didn't make it to Shipshewana b/c of the heat... hoping for better weather for you tomorow!
You are brave!!!! It is supposed to be 90 tomorrow! Have fun- get lots of socks! LOL
I love how you decorate your simple books - gives me ideas, but not sure I will follow thru with that (too crafty for me).
I hope you have fun in Shipse - I haven't been there in quite a long time. I'm sure the girls will have lots of fun. Enjoy Das Essenhaus! :) Yum-O!
This is awesome information!! Those books for the girls are so very cute!!
Adorable books...thanks for sharing! I hope you had fun in Shipsy...it sure was another hot day!
Post a Comment